Chapter 32: Feign

Pic cred tjkv0901

Sorry for the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

"Taetae!" Euna says in excitement when she finds Taehyung down the hall. She's happy to have Taehyung visiting her because he didn't used to before.

"Hey". Taehyung gives her a lazy smile. She reaches him and gives him a hug, Taehyung closes his eyes, hugging his mother back and he feels the warmth in her arms.

"You okay?" Euna softly asks when Taehyung doesn't break the hug. Taehyung hums.

"Nothing, just---missed you and I'm tired too." Taehyung mumbles and breaks the hug.

"Aww, by Taebear." She laughs and pinches his cheek. The two walk towards the couch and sit down, Taehyung immediately rests his head in his mother's lap and she starts caressing his hair.

"You know, you can tell me what's wrong. I'll always  be here to listen." Euna says and Taehyung closes his eyes, he doesn't want his mother reading his eyes.

He wants to let it out---the moment he had stepped out of Jeongguk's shop last night and then spending the night in darkness and not getting any sleep.

"Did you sleep well last night?" She asks and of course, she can read him---after all, she's a mother.

"Yeah." Taehyung whispers.

"Tae, talk to me, darling. What's bothering you?" Euna says and Taehyung sighs.

"Is he here? Sungho?" Taehyung asks.

"Yeah, he's in the meeting room. There are two police officers with him too." Euna says and Taehyung frowns.

"Police officers? Why?" Taehyung asks.

"I don't know. All I know that he was talking about introducing someone to the officer." She says and an ugly feeling settles in Taehyung's stomach.

"Since when---". Taehyung doesn't get to complete the sentence because the door to the meeting room is heard opening and the chatter fills the hallway.

Taehyung sits up and sees Sungho, Daewon and the two police officers stop in the main hall. Euna and Taehyung are looking at them but they can't seem to notice them and they're laughing, chuckling with those evil sounds.

"Yeah, just a minute and they must be here. Now, officer, K want you to take good care of him". Taehyung hears Sungho's words.

And the next moment, the mai  door opens and everyone's attention is diverted to them and Taehyung's eyes widen when he sees two of Sungho's guards holding Jeongguk from either sides and there's a bruise on his cheek, fucking visible from such distance too.

"Jeongguk." Taehyung whispers and stands up slowly, fearful eyes locked on Jeongguk.

"Tae?" Euna gets up as well.

"Ah, there there he is. As I told you, I wanted you to meet this theif right here---as promised." Sungho says.

Taehyung softly pushes away his mother's hand on his shoulder as if it burns him. His heart is beating out of his chest and he feels like he'll go out of his mind.

"Also, he stole my son's paintings and thought he would be spared by not paying for them." Sungho chuckles.

And hearing those words, the thin patience that had made Taehyung stay on his spot till now, breaks.

His eyes turn furious yet cold and he appears calm but his expression deadly and Euna looks at him worriedly.

"Can you please repeat what you just said, father?" Taehyung utters as he walks towards the big hall and everyone's attention fall on him. Sungho's mildly surprised expression turn into a smirk immediately just like Daewon's.