Chapter 45: Velvet

Pic cred to rightful owner

Sorry for the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

"Taehyung, will you marry me?"

Just as some technique is used to put people into an hypnotic trance, the words leave Taehyung utterly stunned because he was really not expecting them.

He was just expecting the words ; will you be my boyfriend and his heart almost stopped when Jeongguk didn't complete the sentence and then---this.

Taehyung has no fucking idea how to respond to this, what to say and what to do.

How can he! Jeongguk just asked him to marry him out of no where so it's natural that he's so stunned.

"Say something." Jeongguk whispers when Taehyung says nothing for a while, just keep looking at him.

Jeongguk panics, thinking what if he said it so soon and Taehyung probably won't be ready for it yet. They should become boyfriends first, get to know eachother completely and then---

But the problem is, Jeongguk has nothing to give to Taehyung. He lives in a goddamn shop, he can't even afford to take Taehyung to an expensive restaurant for a fancy dinner and here he is, asking him to marry him.

"Tae, I'm sorry if I said something---". As if with these words, Taehyung is snapped out of his trance.

"No, why are you saying sorry?" Taehyung frowns, now he didn't expect him to say sorry after literally proposing him.

"You aren't saying anything and I thought you're---I don't know, weirded out by me. I made you uncomfortable." Jeongguk says and Taehyung shakes his head.

"No, no Gukk, I was just---". Taehyung feels his cheeks heated. "I was just surprised, that's all. I mean, you proposed me so suddenly and I---".

"I know, I was just going to ask you to be my boyfriend but then---I don't know what happened---I just---". Jeongguk was at loss of words because he really didn't know why he just said that. It was not a slip of tongue, it was his heart speaking but he can't explain it to Taehyung right now.

"Hey, it's---it's better than the boyfriend proposal, you know. The best. Perfect even." Taehyung bites his lips, looking at Jeongguk shyly while he plays with his earing.

The moment Taehyung says this, the panic and irrelevant thoughts disappear from Jeongguk's mind and he smiles ever so softly at Taehyung, his eyes hiding stars if adoration and love for Taehyung.

"I'm so happy right now and you should be grateful that I'm sitting peacefully right now even though I'm about to burst from the happiness." Taehyung says and it's true, he's controlling himself to not start screaming.

"Tae, baby---listen to me. I know it's me who asked this but before you make any decision---".

"No, Gukkie, no. Please don't start with that." Taehyung says and Jeongguk shakes his head, holds his hand softly in his own.

"Listen, please. You'll have to." Jeongguk pleads and Taehyung knows what he'll be saying or atleast has the idea of it.

"Okay." Taehyung whispers and Jeongguk takes a deep breath.

"I'm---I'm not a person who will promise to give you whole world and every luxury in it because I can't. You know me and I can't even take you out on a fancy dinner---". Jeongguk says and Taehyung keeps stroking his neck softly with the pad of his finger.

"I don't have money to buy you a fucking ring and here I'm proposing you. I live in my shop, I make money from the races I win and I can't give you even a share of money of we decide to live together." Jeongguk says desperately. Taehyung only listens because he has answer to all that.