Brighton Beach

Nikki and Jack walk down to the seafront and along the walkway which overlooks the beach, As they walk along the front they stop and look in a few shop windows at the different gifts for sale. Jack smiles as he watches Nikki admire the many different shell animals someone has created, He looks down at Nikki's hand as his hand falls down beside her, he feels her little finger loop around his and he smiles warmly.

Nikki looks down at his hand and smiles as she takes hold of it properly, in Brighton they were safe to hold hands together and be as close as they like in public, "so... food?" Jack asks looking down at her.
"Yes, Fish and Chips it is!" Nikki smiles happily as they walk hand in hand to the nearest chip shop.

They both order food and with a bit of persuasion, Jack manages to pay for the food as Nikki is being stubborn and won't allow him to pay for her food. Soon they are sat on the beach eating their food. Jack sits looking at Nikki who is in a world of her own watching the sea, "What are you thinking about?" Jack questions her.

Nikki slips out of her daydream and looks at Jack, "Hmm, not much, the baby" Nikki speaks as she strokes her bump.
"What about him?" Jack asks as he sips the content of his coke can.
"His name... I have a name for him now, although it's much better than what Matt wants him to be called" Nikki explains.

"What does Matt want to call my child?" Jack asks as he lies on his side on the sand looking up at her, drinking in her glowing beauty.
"Hunter..." She explains.
"Ha... Hunter... there is no way he's being called Hunter" Jack laughs. Nikki laughs back at him as she moves again as she places her food down as she places her hand on her bump. "So are you going to tell me or what?" Jack smiles.

Nikki chuckles and strokes her bump before leaning in and whispering the name she has chosen for her son. Jack looks up at her once she has said it and smiles, "I-" He begins.
"Shh, I don't want to hear you say his name until he is born" Nikki smiles as she places a single finger on his lips.

"But..." He begins.
"No Jack, I want you to say it when he's born..." She smiles and Jack raises an eyebrow.

He gently places his hand on her bump and smiles at her, "But Matt... will be there" He sighs sadly.
"You're his Dad though... anyway Matt will still be in Washington when he's born, you're my birthing partner" Nikki smiles as she places her hand on top of Jack's hand and smiles warmly.

"I'm glad you want me there Nik, I will be with you every step of the way, promise you" He chuckles as he leans upwards and kisses him, Jack gently cups her cheeks and continues to kiss her passionately. "I love you" he mumbles as he sits up and pushes Nikki down into the sand, he kisses her more and gently bites her bottom lip as he pulls away from the kiss.

He continues to look down at her as she lies in the sand looking up at him, "You look beautiful" He smiles as he runs his hand over her stomach.
"Far from it recently, I'm pregnant and fat!" Nikki speaks from her position on the floor, She shifts slightly as her baby is causing her discomfort.
Jack looks down at her and shakes his head as he strokes her hair out of her face, "Don't you ever talk about yourself like that again, you look beautiful to me" Jack speaks.

Nikki flushes and attempts to sit up but Jack places his hands on her shoulders to stop her from moving, "Jack... please" She smiles but Jack silences her with a kiss before he stands up allowing her to sit up, he grabs the rubbish and looks down at her again.

"Stay here, I will be back" He smiles as he hurries over to the bins and discards of their empty chip wrappers.