THIRTY-FIVE.

Growing up, Fleur had been the closest to her mother. It wasn't that the other Grimaldi sisters hated her. Things were just different.

Maggie was always working and Lavender was young. Plus Maggie had gone through that "hate your parents" phase. But, Fleur had gone through the "love your parents" phase since birth. And even when she was supposed to go through the rebellious phase, it was around the time her mother was diagnosed.

There was something about the relationship between the two. They were inseparable. Mainly because she was Fleur's best friend (no offense to June), and they would spend every second together. A mother daughter relationship that was actually healthy seemed to be rare.

But no, they were different.

It was baking at random hours in the day because they felt like it. It was dance parties in the living room because Fleur had a bad day. It was having their own spa days where they'd make diy face masks with the cucumbers and everything. It was watching movies until it got so late that someone had to come tell them they were laughing too loud for 2am and Fleur would be exhausted at school in the morning.

Yet, to her it was all worth it.

Every second spent with her, despite how tired she'd be or if she'd have to go to the ER because she had an allergic reaction to the mixture on her face. It all meant something.

And when her mother was diagnosed, it was like a piece of Fleur had begun to chip off. But that never meant she lost hope. Because she knew deep down there was a chance she'd live. She'd make it.

So, she kept going. She protected her mother, her best friend. Kept things light.

But then, it slowly fell apart. Suddenly it was Fleur baking on her own and having to feed her mother the brownies she made. It was Fleur dancing around in her mother's room because she was too drained to get up and yet she would still applaud the young girl for choreographing a full dance to Lady Gaga's 'Paparazzi.' It was Fleur making the masks and putting it on her mother and washing it off for her because she couldn't move anymore. And it was Fleur staying up to watch all her favorite movies, while her mother fell asleep too early.

But she still kept hope.

Even when she'd have to sit in the hospital and wait.

And wait.

And wait.

Even when she had to watch as her father broke down because he just knew.

Even when she watched as he held her hair back as she lost every single thing left in her body.

It didn't hit her until her mother stopped singing. All her mother did was sing. Sing while cooking, sing while dancing, sing Fleur to sleep.

Her favorite was Fleetwood Mac's 'Landslide.' One of the many reasons why Fleur adored Harry. The love he shared for Fleetwood Mac just as her mother once had.

But then one day she stopped. She was too weak to sing. Too weak to do anything.

The songs were replaced with tears. Tears in which Fleur would hold her tightly trying to reassure her everything would be okay. That they'd be okay. Even when things weren't okay.

It wasn't until she realized her mother had been crying because she knew what was coming. She knew where this was going.

And she was scared.

And that scared Fleur. Especially because the moment she found out about her own eventual fate, she realized.

Anyone around her will have to go through the same thing.