FIFTY-NINE.

When Jeff and the band arrived to London, Harry got them into the studio first thing in the morning. He left Rosie with Anne and Gemma, not wanting to take away from the atmosphere. Though, Rosie is a pretty quiet baby when she wants to be.

The moment he walked in, everyone stood up. Jeff was the first to approach him, throwing his arms around his torso and holding him close. Mitch followed after, having not seen him since the news.
Harry buried his face into Mitch's neck and clung onto him like a baby.

Once they were done comforting him, they all sat down to listen to what Harry had to say.

"So, I wrote a song. And I want it to be on the album. The first song, to be exact." He speaks, folding his hands together.

"So you're saying you don't want Watermelon Sugar to be the first anymore?" Mitch asks, sitting forward.

Harry nods, "I just think this deserves to be the introduction to Fine Line."

"Okay," Sarah nods. "Let's do it. No questions asked."

They've seen him in very vulnerable conditions. But never have they seen him like this.

It was a whole process, recording that song. But by the time it was over, Harry had to go outside for air while Sarah tracked her drums on the recording.

The door opens, Mitch poking his head out to see Harry sitting against the wall of the building. His head is in between his knees as he takes a deep breath, trying to keep himself together.

Mitch approaches Harry, sliding down the wall beside him. He glances at him before staring ahead at the street.

"Did you know Fleur and I would text?" He asks.

Harry's head lifts up, eyebrows scrunched together in shock and confusion.

"No, I didn't."

"Well, we did. I dunno, she was just a really down to earth person. She gave me advice of all sorts. Even helped me pick this out."

When Harry looks down, he sees the small box in Mitch's palm. Mitch opens it to reveal the beautiful engagement ring resting in its given spot.

"Holy shit. No way." Harry breathes out, taking the box and admiring the ring.

"I was gonna show you, but then everything happened and I figured an engagement was the last thing you needed to know of." Mitch shrugs.

Shaking his head, Harry hands the ring back.

"I still would've been excited for you guys. You're my best friend."

"And you're mine. Which is why I'm going to tell you this." Mitch pauses to take a deep breath. "I don't know how...but she knew. Deep down she knew her end was near. She knew that it was coming a lot sooner. She didn't know how or when, but she figured it was coming. So she'd usually come to me to talk about it because she didn't want to concern you."

"She knew?"

"She did. Told me she felt something was wrong. And she made me promise something. That I wouldn't let you give up. She knew you'd disappear and leave them in the dust. For every good reason, but she knew it was going to happen. You don't have to go touring the world with this album, nor do you have to show your face ever again. But, at least release it. They deserve to hear it. And you deserve to hear what they have to say to you."

Harry stares at Mitch shocked that Fleur made him promise such a thing. And here he thought she was completely blindsided by this. His heart hurts to know she was expecting it. That something felt wrong and she was constantly on edge.