FIFTY-SIX.

It's a new night, but it's the same old routine.

Harry is awake again. He's beginning to think it's a habit at this point. From all the times Fleur would
wake him up just to hear his voice after a bad dream. Or when she just wanted a kiss.

Either way, he was up and ready for anything.

Now, it's like he wakes up silently praying that she's next to him, poking his side until his eyes open. Then she'd laugh and whisper a tiny "oops" before leaning forward to kiss him.

Tonight, Harry decides to watch a movie. He believes he's better off doing that rather than making noise with the piano and disturbing the rest of the house.

So, when Rosie is finally back to sleep, he grabs the baby monitor and ventures downstairs. There, he sits on the couch with Fleur's favorite blanket and wraps it around him.

In an instant, he's engulfed in the familiar strawberry scent.

One he's forced himself to memorize. If he shuts his eyes and thinks hard enough, he can almost feel her body on his own. The warmth of her skin against his own.

He browses for a while before he gets bored of the Netflix options.

This is a bad idea, he thinks to himself as he eventually slides the disc into the DVD player.

It's not long before the menu for Titanic is written across the screen in front of him. He clicks play before he can change his mind.

As he watches the movie, he just feels empty. It just reminds him of her and all the times she'd force him
to watch it with him. She wanted to see if she could ever get him to cry at it. And then she made fun of him when he never did.

When it reaches the inevitable end, and he's watching as Jack holds onto the door and speaks to Rose, he sits up. That's when it begins to hit him.

Fleur was never Rose.

He was this whole time.

When he was in the hospital trying to convince his own fiancée to live, it was almost as if he was there on that door, holding onto her hand for dear life. He told he he'd never let go but in reality, he feels as though he didn't try hard enough.

Fleur and Harry had the same argument over and over about whether or not Jack could fit on the door. Harry was team "yes he could fit on the door no way he couldn't" and Fleur was "no way! Jack had to die for her growth!"

He sits there, wondering if she knew that she was Jack and he was Rose. That deep down, she knew they'd end up like this eventually.

Was that her way of telling him it was okay to let go before he even had to? Her way of telling him that when she's gone, to not feel guilty?

But he does. All he feels is guilt. He told Fleur that Rose could have pulled Jack on the door and that she just didn't try hard enough.

He didn't try hard enough to keep her.

He should have begged. He should have begged for her to live. To stay. To be with him.

Yet he couldn't. He gave in. He let her. What if she had wanted him to beg? What if she was silently praying he'd plead for her to stick around?

Could he have convinced her?

There's no way to tell now.

And for the first time in his entire life, Harry finally cried watching Titanic.

-

When Harry wakes up, it's around 8am. It seems he had fallen asleep on the couch after finishing the movie. He started another but could barely keep his eyes open.