My Brave Fu Yu - 1

Its late into the night and I was fast sleep, only the sound of Fu Yus heavy breathing in my ear soon has me awake.  We are a little older now, so Mama has placed new rules on him, and one of those rules, is he is not allowed to share my bed anymore.  I guess its because we're girl and boy and Mama thinks he might stick me in the belly, but I think this is so funny, because even though he's aching to actually rip one open so he can stomp on guts, I think my little friend would actually curl over and die of fright if he actually saw real guts.

Shifu has been teaching me about the body and everything it contains including the intestines which is a major energy center, so if we don't eat properly, the body will break down and the intestines will fail.  And seeing as much of this world do not eat according to their weight and height, then most will have weak intestines, so that will not be a pretty sight if Fu Yu gets to actually see one.

Now wide awake and with him snoring in my ear, my mind goes to Mamas warning.  She has actually banned him from the den at night time, and I know for a fact, that if she finds him here in the morning, he is going to get into so much trouble and the urge to toss him to the floor is overpowering me to the point of manic hysteria.  Its a trait that Zhen Zhen said could become a problem in the future, because I allow my brain to conjure the most extraordinary things to the point of actually doing them, and just like that, my pillow and him goes flying while my laughter is quickly snatched up by my blanket so as not to wake anyone else.

The snorting and crying coming from the shadows is so funny, and the moment those green eyes flash red, I am out of bed and quickly hugging him to keep him quiet.  Mama is super gentle and most kind most of the time, but if we wake her and she finds him in her, then manic hysteria is going to explode all over his butt.

"I'm sorry Fu Yu, but your snoring woke me up." I whisper while patting his little head to calm him down.  "Mama is going to be so mad with you, you should go home." I tell him as he drags his tears in and begins to sulk.

"But I've slept on your pillow all my life, why do I have to go?  This bed is just as much mine as it is yours!" he argues most passionately and to my mind, this does sound reasonable, which I could use to argue his case should he get caught, because he really has been with me since birth.  "And besides, its too dark out there, what if I meet a ghost warrior?" he asks.

Senior Die Feng has been teaching Fu Yu about the Ghost Tribe and for one reason.  Being a Sprite means Fu Yu has the ability to pass through their barriers, because he is also a low energy being.  So its good strategy to teach this Sprite all about them and this could be used to our advantage in the future.  But he has also been learning about their tendency to snatch unsuspecting travellers from unguarded areas to steal their cultivation or slave them and the path between Qing Qiu and the Peach Tree Grove is unguarded.

This too is a reasonable arguement, but I need to soften Mama before I take my two points to the table and that means he has to go.  But he is a big sooky cat and hates the dark, and now that he knows all about the Ghost Tribe, hes even more scared.  So I quickly make a decision that will help him get home, while also bundling up my blanket to keep us both warm.  It is winter after all, and little Sprites like him, don't manage the cold too well.

"You have to go home, but don't worry, I'll take you." I tell him confidently even though I too am afraid to be travelling alone at night.  And to make sure we are both safe, I will stay in the Grove until dawn then quickly come back." I tell him seeing as he isn't looking all that confident either.

"Fine, but you have to take your sword." he says while his own dagger is quickly conjured should we meet resistance along the way.

Agreeing to this sensible move, we both silently prepare ourselves for a long walk though I make sure I am warmly dressed and with my snow boots on seeing as it snowed yesterday, before make our way towards the entrance.  At the moment, it's only Mama and Papa home, because Zhen Zhen is conducting official business in the far north and my two other brothers dont normally live here anyway, so its super quiet as we slip out of the den.