A Real Disciple

I really thought Shifu was just trying to make me feel better when he said I was a real Disciple, but now that I have three tails, he is taking my position among them very seriously.  I might only be here for a short while, but Shifu said that with three tails comes a lot of responsibilities and that means learning at a higher level than I have been and that means sitting with Shifu for private lessons which he is going to give me most seriously.

Shanhu said I can't cry during my lessons or Shifu will be displeased with me while Fu Yu hovers proudly beside me.  The past few days have been unsettling for me, so the tears have been coming and going because of the pain and my brother.  Shifu won't tell me how Zhen Zhen is or if he has been punished yet, but he did say there would be a special surprise for me at the end of the week, so that is something exciting to look forward to.

But right now, Shanhu is getting me ready for my first real lesson, and that means cleaning my face, tidying up my hair and putting on my most prettiest dress which he picks for me.  It is one that Shifu bought me but I will be wearing it for the first time.  Its not as pretty as the others, But Shanhu says its perfect for lessons, because theres no pretty flowers or embellishments to distract me.

"Just remember Xiaobai, Shifu is the Master of Kunlun, so his position among us means that we must always keep the reverence.  Do you understand what that means?" he asks as my hair is swiftly pulled up onto my head and a pretty matching pink pin with a long tassle on the end, is attached to my hair before my face is washed with scented oils.

"I have to be good?" I ask giggling at the way he is dabbing my cheeks to make them rosy pink like my dress.

"That's right.  Now that you have three tails, you must learn from them." he says seriously now that my cheeks are the right colour.  "You learned why you received them, but there are deeper meanings, which Shifu will teach you so you are prepared for when the fourth tail comes and that means, giving Shifu respect by being a good girl and paying attention." he says finally smiling down in satisfaction at pretty me before quickly bundling me up into a big hug.

"Shifu said I am bright and a good girl." I remind him between giggles because he is giving me butterfly kisses by blinking his eyelashes against my cheek like a butterfly.  Shanhu said his sister loves butterfly kisses and I do too, so I make butterfly kisses on his face and make him laugh.

"Alright.  But its not just about being a good girl.  We must present ourselves in a respectful manner and that means dressing appropriately and being clean at all times otherwise Shifu will look bad if we get unexpected visitors." he says which I think is kinda dumb, because even though I love my dresses and the way he is making me look pretty, I dont think visitors should judge Shifu just on how I look.  He is Shifu and the War God and should be respected no matter what, but I just nod my head seeing as Shanhu is waiting for me to agree with him. 

 I'm learning its easier on me if I just agree.

"Good girl and just remember, when you're finished with your lesson,  you must bow and thank him." he reminds me which I have been doing for Senior Die Feng so I know to do this for Shifu too.

"Now that I have three tails, I have to be grown up now." I tell him when he finally lets me go to admire my prettiness, because I imagine thats how I look right now.

"Just be your adorable self Xiaobai, there is plenty of time to be a grown up, all you have to do is follow a few simple rules." he says before gently turning me towards the door where breakfast is waiting followed by my first real lesson.

___

I am in Shifus study and waiting patiently with my back straight and my head held high like Shanhu does when waiting for Shifu.  If he sees me being a good girl, then he will be pleased with me so I stand here staring at the incense stick that is slowly dying away while the ash falls to create a neat little pile at the base of the holder.