truce

JANE'S ROOM         A man's hand moves and grabs a photo of Jane and Edward

JANE'S ROOM
A man's hand moves and grabs a photo of Jane and Edward. He turns it and moves around Jane's room, touching her stuff. He's picking things up, curious, setting them down just a little out of place. Finally, his hand falls on a black blouse draped over a chair. He brings it to his nose. The man has pale white, chiseled features and eyes blood red. A vampire. It's Riley.

He inhales Jane's sweet scent then stuffs it into his jacket and exits her room. Riley flies down the stairs. He soundlessly enters the living room to find Charlie asleep on the couch. He's in uniform, a case file spread out, some of it resting on his chest. Riley leans over him and sees a photo of himself (it's his case file), and a newspaper article. It reads; SERIAL MURDERS RISE IN SEATTLE!

  Riley, intrigued, takes in the news and his own file. He watches Charlie, who's unaware of the danger just inches away. Then Riley casually stares at Charlie's holster. Silently and uncannily smoothly, he removes his gun. Staring right down the barrel, he realizes there's a bullet.

Riley points the gun at Charlie's head, then smiles. He goes to squeeze the trigger. The hammer goes back - then Riley notices the picture on Charlie's chest. Its him smiling in his human form. He reaches out to it.

SWAN RESIDENCE
Jane comes in the front door, smiling. The living room is empty and quiet. Eerily so. Her smile drops as she inhales. Something putrid lingers in the air. Quickly, Hammerhead takes over and storms into the living room. Standing in the center of the room, she focuses on the scent of death. She can recognize that smell from a mile away; it's very similar to what the Cullen's smell like.

Suddenly, she hears Charlie speak behind her. "You know... Edward could at least respect meal times," he says. Hammerhead turns around, watching Charlie lean in the kitchen doorway. He points to his watch. "Jane was just with Alice," she replies, scanning the area. Charlie nods his head, recognizing Hammerhead's distinctive voice. "Oh... Good," he replies. One thing they have in common - Their dislike for Edward Cullen.

Then there's a knock on the door. Charlie knows who it is. He heads back into the kitchen with a small, self-satisfied smile. "I'll just give you two some privacy then." Hammerhead bolts to the door and opens the door to find Edward. "We need to talk," she says. Turning around she feels his presence behind her. "Someone was at the house," she continues, "I know it."

Abruptly, Edward stops and inhales. His face is alarmed. "Something's wrong," he whispers and moves into the living room. Then he darts throughout the first floor, checking it. Charlie doesn't see him. He's concentrating on the photo of Riley, whose face has been scratched out. Hammerhead bolts upstairs, running after him.

JANE'S ROOM
She enters to find Edward holding the a photo of him and Jane. "Do we know who it is," she asks. "I don't know," he replies, lifting his head to look at Hammerhead.