Berry Cobbler

CULLEN'S HOUSE Living Room         The television is tuned on CNN

CULLEN'S HOUSE
Living Room
         The television is tuned on CNN. A female reporter with a mic does a stand-up in front of Pike palace. "Seattle is in a state of terror," she announces, "Police are baffled by the escalating murders and disappearances." Carlisle and Jasper watch with concern as Emmett drapes over the couch.

        Edward and Jane enter as they listen to the reporter say, "Theories range from a vicious new gang to a wildly active serial killer... Reporting live, Dawn Chubai. CNN." He reaches for Jane's hand. "It's getting worse. We're going to have to do something," Carlisle says, looking up at the couple.

      "It takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they're reporting. Quite a few more. They're undisciplined, conspicuous," Jasper replies. "Newborns," Edward states, looking down at Jane. "New vampires," she whispers. "In their first few months after the change," he replies, nodding his head.

        "That's when we're at our most uncontrollable, vicious, insane with thirst," Jasper continues. "Something to look forward to," Emmett mutters, playing with a rubik's-cube. "No one has trained these newborns, but this isn't random," Jasper replies. "Someone's creating an army," Jane whispers. Jasper nods as Emmett rises, enthusiastic.

    "Oh, now we definitely going to Seattle," he exclaims. "And they've been created to fight someone," Jasper adds in. "We're the only clan even close to Seattle," Carlisle replies. Jane sinks this in.

      Carlisle looks at Jane and places an empathetic hand on her shoulder. He continues, "Regardless, of who are they were may, if we don't put a stop to them, the Volturi will. I'm surprised they've let it go on this long." Edward looks over at Jane as he wonders, "Maybe they're behind it. In Italy, I read Aro's mind.."

EDWARD'S VISION
        His environs drops and blackness surrounds him, suspending him. "He wants Alice, Jane and I to join him... Our gifts would shore up his power," Edward continues. He turns, and sees something over his shoulder.

       It's Jane, Alice and him. They're each standing by a Volturi "throne." Alice stands beside Marcus, Edward beside Caius and Jane beside Aro. "He knows we'd never choose him as long as our family is still alive," he whispers, "An army could solve that for him."

ABANDONED CANNERY
SEATTLE HARBOUR FRONT
      A newborn vampire careens into the wall, cracking the bricks. He falls to the ground by Riley's feet. He spins on a second newborn. "Next one who starts a fight gets his arms ripped off," he exclaims. Riley steps over a human man lying on the ground, barely alive.

       A second newborn watches hungrily as another vampire dives on the man, taking what's left of his life. There a dozen newborn vampires of both genders. They either feed, lounge, fight. One thing they all have in common - ferocity, strength, and thirst. Riley goes to a pretty girl, Bree, 15, who lies in a corner, just awakening.