Temporarily Occupied

OUTSIDE "BLACK EYED PETE'S"

Hammerhead notices a dive bar nearby.
It's by the name of "ONE EYED PETE'S"

Four rough-looking guys loiter out front next to their motorcycles. They're in shadow, she can't see their faces. Hammerhead begins to cross the street toward the guys. She's in her element. The roaring motorcycles, the gruff biker men, the danger had triggered Hammerhead to rise up to the surface.

    Bella and Jessica notice Jane's change in demeanor. Bella couldn't help but sigh in relief, seeing as though one of Jane's familiar alters made it to the surface. Jessica starts calling for Jane to come back.

"Sup, fuckers," she yells, spreading her arms wide. One guy whistles and asks, "where have you been, little lady?" A malicious smirk appears on her scared lips as she responds with, "up your mother's gapping asshole. Start 'er up, will you?"

They all laugh and obliged.

Bella watches them from afar, tempted to follow after her cousin. "Jane," Jessica yells but she was already on the other side of the road. "I know them... I think," Bella whispers. Jessica pulls at Bella's arm, but Bella shakes her off. "I want to see something." Much to Jessica's frustration, Bella begins to cross the street also.

"Alright, we got two takers," one guy with a mullet says and chuckles, waving over at Bella. Hammerhead turns and sees Kay's cousin standing behind her. "Come on, Bella. Don't be a fucking loser and hop in," she says, smirking as she climbs up behind the older guy.

Bella looks as though she sees someone.
It was Edward.

Bella takes a step forward and then back. Hammerhead furrows her brows, looking at her with concern. "Bella," she calls for her, a wrinkle forming on her forehead. Bella's almost smiling as she reaches the Guys, finally able to see them clearly. She and stops and realizes.

Bella says, "you're not them."

And with that Edward disappears.

      The guy who rides with Hammerhead speaks, "we'll be whoever you want, honey." Some other guy pulls up right next to Bella on his black motorcycle. He says, "ready for a thrill ride?"

He extends his hand to help her onto the bike. Bella hesitates. Edward's apparition appears on the other side of the bike. Bella looks at him with determination then climbs on to the back of the bike. Hammerhead lifts her arms up and cheers loudly. "Woo! Yeah, Bella!"

Bella whispers, "I can break promises, too." The guy in front of her looks confused as he says, "okay."

The bike lurches forward, going way too fast. "Ride on, bitches," Hammerhead exclaims, throwing her middle finger into the air. Her jet black hair slaps her face as she arches her back, tossing her head back.