Bananas

CHILDREN'S BEDROOM IN THE COTTAGE"There's sweet music here that softer falls than petals from blown roses on the grass

"There's sweet music here that softer falls than petals from blown roses on the grass. Or night dews on still waters between walls of shadowy granite in a gleaming pass. Music that brings sweet sleep down from the blissful skies," Jane reads Eden and Rosalice to sleep. She lays with Eden, caressing his head.

Rosalice sleeps on her twin bed. Jane sees that they have their eyes closed. She closes the book and turns off the light. "Mom," she hears Rosalice whisper. Assuming she was asleep, she's shocked to hear her voice. "Yeah, babe," she asks, looking at her daughter.

"Did Aunt Alice and Uncle Jasper run away because we're gonna die," she asks. Biting her lower lip, Jane leans against the doorframe. "No. They.. They're just trying to protect us, but.. they'll be back soon. I pinky promise," Jane assures her.

Jane walks toward her and lays beside her, pulling her closer. "I love you," she coos, kissing her forehead. "Ew," Rosalice exclaims, wiping her forehead. Giggling, Jane begins to play with her hair as Rosalice falls asleep in her arms.

LIVING ROOM
After putting the kids to sleep, Jane goes to the living room. She's looking at Alice's note when Edward walks in. She places the note aside as she gives her husband a soft smile. "Hey," she whispers, watching him sit beside her. "Hey," Edward replies, placing his hand over her thigh.

"Are you still looking at Alice's letter," he asks, noticing the note on the coffee table. "Edward, she wouldn't leave us like that.. not unless she had a reason to do so," Jane replies, not wanting to believe what's in front of her.

"Jane, everything will resolve itself. It always has. And I know you're strong. You've always been. One thing I've never done was underestimate you. Every obstacle you've faced, you've overcame it. You protected Bella from James, me from Victoria.. Us from the Volturi. Now it's our turn to protect you. Jane, you're the reason we have something to fight for. Our family," he caresses her cheek.

"I don't know, Edward. I don't think we can win this time. It's like, physically I could demolish an entire city, but mentally.. I'm fucking exhausted," she replies, turning her head to glance back at the note.

"It must be from all the training. How about a bath,"
he kisses her shoulder, starting to unbutton her shirt. "Vampires don't need to bathe," she whispers, closing her eyes. "Those aren't my intentions," he replies against her skin. "Mmm," Jane moans as they kiss for a moment.

"I'm gonna get the water running," Edward leaves the room. Frowning, Jane looks at Alice's note again and turns the note over to look at the ripped page from The Merchant of Venice. Knitting her eyebrows, she notices the book on the book shelf and opens it.

She finds a hidden note from Alice that says 'J. Jenks, Seattle – destroy this.' Alice made sure only she would get the message. Because only her mind would be safe from Aro. Edward walks back in the room. Jane immediately throws the book into the fire and joins him in the bathroom.