Ch. XIX

Surprises, Surprises, & Surprises...

Song: Before I Let Go by Beyoncé

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chloe smiled brightly, "Thank you." She reached over to hug Jaxon as they shared a tight and warm embrace. "I'll see you later."

"Yea."

Chloe stared in Jaxon's eyes debating if she wanted to invite him inside but decided against it. For some reason, she felt it was too early for Jaxon to face both of her grandparents and her mother altogether.

"Okay, bye." She kissed his cheek before grabbing her things and left Jaxon in a confused gaze.

Looking over her shoulder, Chloe glanced back at Jaxon as he waved to her and left in a quick hurry to tend his own business. She entered her grandmother's home to the smell of various dishes in the vivacious conversation between her grandmother and mother, Gigi and Lisa.

" I wonder if they're going to ask me about last night," Chloe muttered under her breath as she walked past the stairs towards the kitchen.

even though she was taking a risk Chloe thought it would be very inappropriate to not speak to her grandmother and mother before heading upstairs to freshen up. Upon entering, the room kitchen she smiled she watched Gigi and her mom talk amongst themselves.

"Well look who decided to finally join us," Lisa commented as she was busy peeling away the eggshells of the boiled eggs.

Georgia looked over her shoulder as Chloe stood by the door frame with an awkward smile on her face. Her brows furrowed remembering exactly where Chloe was the night prior.

"I'm surprised she doesn't have a hangover," Georgia comments as Chloe rolls her eyes playfully.

" I know right but she can handle her liquor...isn't that right?" Lisa smirked as Chloe remained silent.

"Eh..."

"Good afternoon momma would be nice." Lisa grinned as Georgia took the time to take out her third large pan of baked macaroni and cheese. " She's quiet as a mouse..."

"She surely is..." Georgia smirked as she nodded towards the available island stool. "You should sit down and have some lunch."

Chloe took her seat as Georgia walked over to the refrigerator retrieving some leftovers from last night. "There's some leftover tuna salad in that container. You missed out on the lasagna last night."

"You made lasagna last night." Chloe pouted as she thought about piping hot the pasta dish.

Georgia and Lisa exchange devious glances, "Of course, but you were out with your cousin and I'm assuming it was a great night."

Chloe swallowed, her mind replaying last night's events from having fun with her cousin to screaming Jaxon's name through the night. She giggled nervously with a curt nod.

"Yeah, it was a fun night." Chloe quickly popped open the container and ate the tuna salad just by itself

" I bet it was." Lisa walked away with a sly smirk on her face. "How much did Jessie drink last night?"

Chloe removed the fork from between her lips, "she drunk enough last night but good thing Brandon was there to lug her home." She giggled from the memory last night. "...she's just a lightweight."

"I bet." Georgia laughed. "...but I'm curious as to where you were. I went over there just an hour ago to give her some packages she had delivered here. Brandon sent your belongings with me."