Ch. XXIV

Take Caution of the Wind

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jaxon leaned against the wall, disappearing from the light and into the darkness as he watched the scene in front of him

Jaxon leaned against the wall, disappearing from the light and into the darkness as he watched the scene in front of him. It was typical being in the basement where he, Liam, and Chico did most of their work when it came to getting information about their enemies.

He hummed in delight at the sound of Liam's fist connecting to the face of the fearful man who groaned in searing pain.

The man, belonging to one of Torrelson's group, had been hanging from the ceiling for almost two hours, going in and out of consciousness from the constant blows to the face. Slowly his organs were drifting down towards his lungs, placing pressure to the point it was making him harder to breathe and the flow of blood towards his heart was making it work harder to pump.

"Have you had enough?" Liam gripped the man's swollen jaw with a menacing look on his face. "You still won't tell us a fucking thing about Torrelson..."

Jaxon continued onward watching the scene as the man remained quiet, slightly applauding the man for his loyalty towards their enemy but for him, he was becoming impatient.

"Liam..." His cousin looked over the shoulder as Jaxon gave him the signal.

Liam stared at Jaxon warily as he took a step back watching his cousin walk forward to watch the helpless being. Blood dripped from his nose and mouth, landing on the concrete floor, his black and blue right eye swollen shut while his face was almost unrecognizable.

"So, you're that loyal to Torrelson," Jaxon spoke in a slight normal tone but he held his temper in. "...you're so loyal to the man that you took the risk of joining my club and didn't think for once you were going to get caught."

The helpless being remained silent for ten seconds before speaking, "I have a family to...to take ...care of and...Torrelson could have them...k-kill...with a snap of his fingers." He struggled to speak as he felt the excruciating pain of his ribs contracting.