Ch. XLVIII

Euphoric Desires

Song: Crazy In Love (Remix) by Beyoncé

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jaxon, do you love me?"

Jaxon is caught off guard by the question but he waited patiently for this time to come for the subject to be brought up. Although he didn't like the fact that it had to happen on the day of him being arrested but anytime was the best time.

"I love you very much, Chloe," Jaxon answers. "And what I mean by that is that I'm in love with you whether you're ready to tell me or not,"

Chloe swallows deeply after listening to Jaxon say those three words. It was as if her mind was replaying his voice in her head with those three words and didn't want it to end. Her eyes closed suddenly, taking in a deep breath and slowly looking up into Jaxon's eyes.

"If you're not ready to tell me that's okay because it's not easy for everyone," He takes her hands into his. "Now for me, I know what I feel and that's loving the fuck out of you. I know everything didn't start out easy for us but I'm going, to be honest, I've fucking loved you for a very long time. It's just after you left, I hardened my heart from loving anyone else because I was hurt from it and it was difficult to overcome it. Now by me doing that, my life went left and how far I've come shit just happens and I've accepted that."

"As for you, I know when I mean something, I fucking mean it and what I'm feeling now is much deeper than I felt years ago. I've never felt this way in a while and I love this feeling so, like I said, if you're not ready to tell me then it's okay. Just know that I love you so from now on I'm going to say I love you, make love to you and you're going have to take it like it is,"

Chloe blinks not once but twice, "Jaxon that's not fair for it to be once sided because I love you just as much to return that love," She rushed her words ignoring the lump forming in her throat with tears streaming down her streaks.

"I know I'm not a perfect soul but I love you so much, baby. I never thought to love someone knowing it was my best friend and to come back in your life has made me happy. It lets me know that you were willing to forgive me and for me to do the same and we were willing to take a chance a this. I know there is a lot I need to learn about you since I've been gone but at the end of the day, I love you, Jaxon.

Jaxon leans forward to rest his forehead against hers, "I know what you're feeling because I'm feeling it as well," He wipes her tears away. "I fucking love you, Chloe Stewart," He grabs her face. "Do you understand me when I say I fucking love you?"

She nods quickly, "Yes, I love you as well, Jaxon," Her hands rest against his chest. "I mean it and I'm going to mean it every day because you deserve it and...I...I,"

"I know, babe," Jaxon said before taking a hold of her neck and kissing her lips. "I'm going to say it and mean it every day as well,"

Chloe stares into Jaxon's eyes having the familiar sensation stir in the pit of her lower region. Without saying a word, she removes herself from his lap slightly catching Jaxon's eyes watching her cautiously. She could see the lust and desire building up inside both of them that the tension was heavy and thick.