Act 6: Unbearable Truths

Disclaimers: All right reserved of the originals "Star Wars" Characters, Names, Places, etc., to George Lucas / Disney. I pledge to return all characters after the story is complete.

Warning: Major Spoilers of TRoS.

Note: This is a Reylo FanFiction

-------------------------------------------------------

Foolish lies of growing old

It seems we're so invincible

The truth is so cold...

Avenged Sevenfold - So Far Away

Kijimi, 35 ABY

Poe and Zorii had stepped outside, letting Bobu work on getting the information from C-3PO's memory. Kijimi was surrounded by snow and ice. The night grew colder as both of them sat on the roof, scanning the area. It had been a while since both of them managed to talk calmly like that.

"I can't walk out on this war. Not until it's over," he informed her gazing directly at her eyes, which he found mesmerizing as ever. "You know the Resistance could use a pilot like you. We're down to almost no one," he added. He almost ended up hitting himself as his recruitment strategy was never the best.

Zorii tilted her head, confused. "Why? We hear about pockets of rebellion all over the galaxy."

Poe sighed as he knew that it was not accurate at all. "Just stories," he admitted dropping his gaze. "We put out a call for aid at the Battle of Crait. Nobody answered. Nobody came. The First Order managed to make everyone so afraid. No one dares to cross paths with Kylo Ren. I'm afraid that everyone has given up."

He and Leia spent months trying to reconnect with old allies and friends. Trying to reestablish and bolster communications and networks. Even require spies to fight against the First Order. Because it had become clear by then that the First Order was getting stronger, it already controlled so many lines of communication and had many jammers operating all over the galaxy.

His thoughts were cut off as she responded, "I don't believe you would accept that. You know, they win by making you think you're alone. Remember? They're more of us than there of them."

Along the dark and cold horizon, the First-order ships started to appear, small at first but growing ever larger as they approached. It won Poe's attention. "What the hell are those?"

"Time for you to leave!" Zorii added, and both climbed down the roof and went back to check on the others.

Zorii dashed inside, Poe at her heels. "The scanners are coming." she briefed the others. "Babu, did we get it?" added Poe.

Babu worked his magic, and C-3PO spoke the forbidden text. C-3PO's memory was formatted. Suddenly they felt the entire work-shop rattling. Poe ran to the nearest window, and Rey followed. They looked outside. A massive Star Destroyer had appeared over the mountains. The blowback shook the city, almost creating chaos.

"Ren's Destroyer," said Poe as he recognized the Star Destroyer.

Rey felt her heart heavy as Ren found them again. She was unsure if there would be any place in the galaxy she could hide from him. Rey turned to flee, but something gasped at her instead. She could feel that Ren was close by. This time she felt his conflicted mind dwelling on torture. She had never felt such strong emotions. She noted what caused that conflict inside him.