Act 20: A yak in the Dark

Disclaimers: All rights reserved of the original "Star Wars" Characters, Names, Places, etc., to George Lucas / Disney. I pledge to return all characters after the story is complete.

Warning: Major Spoilers of TRoS.

Note: This is a Reylo fan fiction. 

___________________________________

Author's note:

Now, I will spoil the story a bit. This is supposed to be a Reylo FanFiction. Yes, Rey and Ben will be in love, etc. But allow me to give them the time first to meet, spend some time together, and become friends and the rest will unfold. Now about including more couples in the story. Yes! Yes! I will pair Poe and Finn with someone. Though allow me to keep some mystery. I hope I have answered some of your questions. Thank you for all the messages and support. ^_^

___________________________________

「Act 20: A Yak in the Dark」

___________________________________

Ajan Kloss, 36 ABY

Although Ajan Kloss was a moon, it had two moons of its own. Its gas giant shielded it from harmful radiation. The jungle resonated with life, and Resistance scouts would routinely check for new species to be used in medicine. Fungal and insect infections could also be spotted on the planet, but there were no large predators around.

Jedi Master Luke Skywalker compared Ajan Kloss with the planet Dagobah; he noted that the similarities between Dagobah and Ajan Kloss were wet, warm, green, and overflowing with life. Still, the main difference was that Ajan Kloss didn't smell bad.

Rey's eyes were closed, and she was sitting cross-legged. She was floating above the ground, trying to connect with the Force. Being part of the Force came easier these days. The Force flowed through her, around her, and connected her to everything. Even with her eyes closed now, she was aware of her surroundings.

The lush rainforest moon of Ajan Kloss was teeming with life. She could feel every tree and fern, every reptile and insect—a few strides away in a hidden den, small furry creatures, and none. Rey smiled as she thought that her connection had become stronger every day. She could feel it.

She never stopped her training as a Jedi. Although none of her teachers were alive any longer, she kept reading Luke's scripts. And when she was lucky enough, she would feel Luke or Leia through the Force guiding her. She was not alone. Rey understood that now.

She inhaled through her nose and sent her awareness into the void. Peace and calm were key, Leia always told her. She reached now deeper into the Force, searching and searching deeper for something and someone. She tried harder to overcome the barrier, the invisible wall keeping her from connecting with the dyad.

But she sensed nothing except the wind through the trees and the annoying insects that were chirping. She didn't want to admit that she failed again to connect with the dyad ... to connect with Ben. Even gone, he had promised that he would always be with her. Her thought came out too harsh, almost like a challenge. "Liar!"

A year ago, she had seen Ben Solo vanishing like Leia and Luke. He should be one with the Force. A Force-Ghost as they were called. She had read about Force-Ghosts in Luke's scripts. She had heard and seen all the Jedi back in Exegol. She knew that Force-Ghost existed. Why couldn't she find Ben? What was blocking their connection?