Bubble tea [Jamilton]

Inspired by shellebrity 's coffee shop au go check her out

part one of asian setting oneshots(this is a series in which i put more of my culture into some of my one-shots)(they are not related in plot)

Content warnings-hints of alex being cheated and raped on

context:bubble tea is a asian drink consisting of tea/any beverage and tapioca pearls,also known as boba or bubble,hence the bubble in bubble tea. originated from taiwan.

[alex's pov]
Walking up to my usual bubble tea store,I could already see people crowded around,waiting to be called upon to pick up their fix.Usually I was a basic bitch and ordered milk tea with pearls, but since my date,John,didn't really do good with milk,I texted him to ask what he wanted. No response.Yakult green tea for me,then.(yakult is kind of a yogurt/milk-ish drink popular in asian countries)

Walking up to the counter, the attractive,although I wouldn't admit it out loud,barista greeted me and I told him my order along with a question.
"What should I buy for a date?" He replied with "Yakult green tea. It's a popular choice and couples who drink the same thing are really cute."
Ringing up my order,I moved to the back of the cozy shop to wait for the barista to call out my number.

~timeskip cos it finna boring~

walking to the spot where John and I were supposed to meet,earphones in my ears,humming softly to the tune,and sipping on the tea. The black tapioca pearls were chewy and sticky with the incorporation of syrup sweetness. The yakult provided a tangy taste to the substance,while the green tea was subtle and balanced out the sweetness. It was pure satisfaction in a cup,however that was sadly ruined by what I saw unfold before me. John was kissing Charles Lee, in a parking lot. I was devastated and I ran to a bar. It was another life decision that I would come to regret,because somebody took advantage of my intoxicated self.

~timeskip to 8 months later~

I took the bus to the community center where the bubble tea shop was located. Burr had finally been arrested for sexual assault four months before,and I had started opening up a week ago. I kept drinking a lot,unfortunately. I was currently having a dumb hangover and somehow I thought tea could help. People stared at me. Of course. I was wearing shorts and a t shirt,and they obviously saw the belt scars and the dark bruises that were everywhere.

Everyone I try to love breaks me or cheats me
There is no bliss called happily ever after
love blinds us,even for a moment.
Do  we ever stop to consider why our society conforms individuals into certain expectations? Bliss only comes when we are free of those conforms. The endless cacophony of sound finally stops and we stop moving.
(See i told you it was angsty, I'm sorry I'm sad lately so more angst factor)

I  tried to order my usual,but not before breaking down, and the barista sat me down. I sat there,stifling sobs as more people saw the marks he imprinted on me. The barista gave me a cup of water and asked me to wait for him.

~timeskip~

"hey. I'm Thomas. I've seen the marks on your back. And I'm sorry,but I think you're having a breakdown and a hangover so tea isn't the best option to help you with that. I know something's up,because you would visit almost every day before eight months passed and not a sight of you. I understand you may have gone through some traumatic events,but I want you to trust me. You can come and talk to me anytime. If you ask why I care,well,I think you're cute. I would ask you out on a date,but I know you're going through some things right now. But the offer still stands."

~timeskip again

I took his offer a month later and we've been married for 5 years now. I guess happily ever afters do happen sometimes after all.

(812 words)