alone, at the edge of the universe [Jamilton]

so anyways, alexander is dead ;) thomas sits down and reflects on his life before making a decision to move on. this may or may not be me exploring an au not meant for this book. :) also, you may read this as an indirect sequel to libet's all joyful camaraderie.

there will come a time in life where everyone questions their place in the world. life is nothing short of a horribly boring monotony, but this is it for thomas. he sits at the edge, the endless stars twinkling above him, and below him, water slides down like an unhurried waterfall, and although the edge is steep, the waterfall is mellow, and as he sits on the cold, hard platform, the water passes through his fingers. despite him sitting on a waterfall, his clothes are not wet. the stars are nothing but faint light shining over his soul, reflecting him inside out, all his sins on full display.

but this is why he came to the waterfall at the edge, isn't it? the water washes his sins away for a new start, a fresh, clean state for another life. he's not a religious person, but this calms his anxiety, and as such, he stares at the breathtaking view of the universe behind him while the purest of waters glide through his fingers, and all in all, he never wants to leave this place, but this is still considered purgatory.

he knows he has somewhere to be, someone to be with, and that someone has already been here before, and they've already long moved on, leaving behind the stardust of this life. he has nothing to fear, but this is the separation between the afterlife and the in-between. this is the point of no return, and frankly, he has nothing to live for in this life anymore.

life is a force. it pushes you onwards, regardless of whether you want it to, or not. it is the very foundation of the world, and creation is birthed within. there's only so much left in this life for him. time to move on, right?

but thomas has always been a coward. this is supposed to be his redemption, but he is afraid, of the future, the past, and everything in between. the present is nonexistent. this is nowhere in time, and as much as the water is calming, he knows he can't stay here.

he promised someone, didn't he? a special someone who changed his life. there's a fine line between hate and love, and thomas is willing. this is another path, a path he has to take. time is of the essence. this is no longer his life anymore. he knows what he has to do, and although fear pierces through him like a javelin, he is willing to do anything for alexander. alexander trusted him to make the right decisions. poor boy.
he can't betray that trust again.

in a moment's certainty, he walks onwards. to alexander. for alexander, and he takes his place in the afterlife. alexander is there, of course, waiting for him, and they walk towards their promised forever, and seven balls of light rise in the sky, illuminating the destiny foretold by fate.
(he later learns that the balls of light are called 'suns'.)

below them, the moon reflects the waterfall. stardust flows into the water, channeling life into the passage of time.

after all, time is a path in their forever.

aaaaa it's over this sequel is over i cry i am cry this is sad— yeah hope you like it?? didn't mean for it to get this philosophical :> if you got the reference of the seven suns (hint: chinese mythology) i give you cookie. :D sayonara, onee -chan!

[625 words]