When the stars tremble [Jamilton]

here we go. don't @ me pls.

[entirely first person,Thomas' POV]
"when I told you I had to go,why didn't you stop me? i still remember those days. your breath against my chest,sunset falling through those teal curtains, our breathing synchronised. I miss your weight across my chest. Society would shun us if they knew about us,but you always had a burning fire in your eyes that made me feel we couldn't be stopped even by the conforms. Still,here we are. I miss you,Alexander.  I wish you never made me promise you that."

"you used to say that when we separated the stars would tremble. but it isn't shaking. life goes on. James told me I should move on,but Alexander,you beautiful man,I can't get over you. why did you have to leave so soon? every day is a pain to be alive without you."

"The day we reconciled after Adams almost made our relationship public and you disappeared without even a single letter,I feared the worst. fate is funny,isn't it? We met through such different circumstances,and yet,we fell for each other. I couldn't,and still cannot,thank you enough for saving me from Burr."

"That day, I couldn't ever imagine you not being in my arms again. I couldn't believe I genuinely thought you couldn't be mine anymore. Don't you remember? We reconciled in Monticello,with you in my arms in an instant after I opened the door. You'd shown me how to love again,after Martha,and after Burr,with your fiery passion. I can't love again,after you."

"It was never a question when you proposed to me. It was more of a statement,a profession,that you loved me,and all I could say was,of course,because I couldn't ever love you."

"and now you're gone,my fiery little fiancé,and everything feels monotone,muted. life lost it's vigour when I found you slumped against my pillow,lips blue. My love,why did you go? Why couldn't you have told me about Burr's threat?"

"These past few years have been painful. I became president,while you laid 6 feet under here. Burr was executed on account of adultery and third-degree murder the moment I stepped into the Oval Office."

"Enough of him,and of me. These are an old man's rambles after all."

"My love,I'll see you on the other side."

James found Thomas slumped against Alexander's grave,with blue lips,just that one was six feet under,and another was on the earthy grounds of Monticello,the place to be for the two lovers.

And the stars trembled.

hello! I'm not dead. It's been a while,huh?

[514 words]