CHAPTER 5 : The Dinner Party

Saleem:

As the sky grew darker, painted blue on blue, one stroke at a time, into deeper and deeper shades of night. Me, my cousin and best friend got ready for my wedding dinner party, and we set out for the venue.

"We are leaving now", i  warn as I pull away from the curb into an evening of inevitable awkwardness after making sure everyone is settled in the car.

"We are here" I shrieked as I pulled up in the driveway leading up to the mansion.

Outside the gates of Alhaji Daneji's mansion, throngs of people and reporters are huddled around someone shouting and screaming. May we have a word please? a picture please? who is the groom? Where is the groom?

I got out of the car and strained my neck to see who it is, And I found out that it's none other than my brother in-law posing for multiple pictures.

"The groom is here" he announced, as soon as he saw me, pointing at my direction and all the attention got back to me.

We posed for a few more pictures and proceeded to the hall with some paparazzi chasing us. This is all new to me, but I love the attention, I feel like a very important celebrity

Walking through the rustic doors, The floor plan opens up to a massive foyer with dim lightening given off by Tiffany inspired glass chandelier. Stained glass windows surround both doors, and antique furnishings and artwork fill the room.

There is a hallway leading to another large room where the dinner party is going to take place.

The life-size caricature of the bride and groom they placed at the entrance of the hall won many hearts.

Inside the dinner hall, There is a grand staircase wide enough to accommodate eight people walking side by side which leads up to a second floor.

The ceilings were high and the marble was polished, the furniture was simple and elegant.

The room is beautiful, everything is white and coral. Tall crystal cylinders line each row of chairs and small Lit votive candles float in the water they hold.

There were ivory runners spread with rose petals everywhere, ivory chair covers with pink sashes were tied on the side of every chair.

We had a blush pink backdrop with three Victorian style mirrors and chandeliers hanging in front of it.

The cheerful ranunculus flowers with its closely formed petals made a striking display. It looks stunning paired with some roses and succulents. There was a pop of pink, ivory and a sunset orange. it was rustic and elegant.

Different shades of light pink roses were used for the bouquets and for the centrepieces we had pink roses and ivory hydrangea

"You're not looking bad" my best friend said, interrupting my thoughts as he gives me some mental support before he was ushered to his seat at the first row of round tables.

Dressed in a black tuxedo, standing in a massive well decorated hall, I took a deep breath before I took a step towards my future and proceeded to the staircase as I impatiently await the arrival of my mystery bride.

Few minutes later, I looked up to find Ameerah standing before the railing and gazing down at me. She let the finger tips of one hand rest on the railing, a narrow hand ending the straight imperious line of her arm.

As she descended slowly down the stairs, every head was turned towards her. Everything seemed to stop for a moment. As I gaze into her eyes, the world around me started to disappear

Her slender body seemed out of all scale in relation to a normal human body, its lines were so long, so fragile, so exaggerated that she looked like a stylized drawing of a woman and made the correct proportions of a normal being appear heavy and awkward beside her.

She had brown eyes that were not ovals, but two long, rectangular cuts edged by parallel lines of lashes. She had an air of cold serenity and an exquisitely vicious mouth.

She was looking breathtakingly beautiful in a dress that hugged her slim body that I couldn't take my eyes off.

I stood still, because I understood for the first time what it was that artists spoke about when they spoke of beauty and perfection.

As she came nearer to me, I raised my hand for her to hold it. She grabbed my hand and I helped her decent the steps. I placed my hand in the small of her back leading her to our designated seating spots at the bridal table and the dinner party began immediately.

Our wedding was full of elegant blush and fancy silver tones that would make anyone swoon, it was Elegant, modern and fancy.

**********************************
Tell me what you think so far, pleaseeeeee 🙏

Thanks For Reading ❤️
Love You All 😘
Don't Forget To Vote, Share & Comment 👍
Who's your favorite so far?