Chapter 1

Rowyn's PoV:

"Carter stop doing that!" I laugh at my best friend doing a weird dance in front of me. "Okay, okay one more." She pleas holding up one finger at me. "Fine." I roll my eyes smiling. "Would you still be my friend if I danced like this?" She asks then does both the robot and Egyptian dance move mixed together on steroids. "You're a strange breed aren't you?" I shake my head once she gets up.

"Yeh I like to keep it that way." Carter shrugs sitting down on her bed where I was. "Good don't ever change." I smile down at her as she lays her head on my lap. "You can count on that Wyn." She looks up at me. "Good." I lay my arm across her chest.

"So you still up for the party on Friday?" She asks me. "Yeh I am but there's just one slight problem." I look at her nervously. "Which is...." She gestures with her hand for me to carry on. "My dads back from meeting a new business partner or something I don't know. And you know what he's like with me going out to parties, especially those kind." I scratch the back of my neck.

"Fuck sake. Could you sneak out?" She questions. "I was planning on it." I play with her hair in my lap. "That's my girl." Carter winks at me and I let out a laugh. "How are you and Caleb?" I ask about her boy-friend. "Um we are fine I guess....we've hooked up a few times but he isn't really putting anything into it you know? But, then again neither am I." She plays with her hands.

"Do you want there to be something more or is he another boy toy?" I wonder. "Wow way to make me seem like a slut Wyn." She mocks hurt but, ends up laughing.  "I'm sorry but you know what I mean." I giggle. "Okay Virgin Mary." She rolls her eyes with a smirk. "Hey! There's nothing wrong with being a virgin." I slap her arm gently.

"I know, you wait until you're ready babe. When you finally do it you're gonna wish you did it sooner." She tells me. "Sure." I reply sarcastically. "Just youuu waiiiit." She says in a sing song voice. "Anyway back to Caleb!" I change the subject back to what we were originally talking about.

"I feel like he will turn out to be another boy toy." She sighs accepting it. "Hmm most likely." I agree. "Hey!" She frowns at me. "What I'm just being honest." I start to plait her hair with my hands. "Maybe I'm just not cut out to be in a relationship yet. Besides it's fun not being committed to anyone. We're only 18 we gotta live our lives the best we possibly can." She shrugs kinda being inspirational? I don't know what to call it.

"Well you have fun with whatever you're doing and don't let your heart get broken." I tell her. "I will babe and I will try my hardest not to." She grabs my hand. "Good." I nod rubbing my thumb over her hand. "What's the time?" I ask her as she sits up grabbing her phone. "Half eight." She answers. "Shit I better go, I've gotta be back by nine." I say getting up off the bed.

"Oh no, that's right the princess has got to go back to her castle before anything bad happens." Carter fakes being scared covering her mouth with her hand. "Ha. Ha." I laugh sarcastically. "Hurry up you don't want to be late and upset the king." She says trying to get me to go quicker. "Shut up." I groan. "Yes your highness." She bows. "Carterrrrr." I whine. "Sorry I am done. I just love annoying you." She puts her hands up in defence. "And you succeeded." I clap.

"Honestly you better go tho just in case." She tells me getting my coat from the floor. "Yeh, see you tomorrow at school. Love you lots Car." I give her a big hug. "See you tomorrow love you lots too. Drive safely, bye." She returns the hug and I step out of her bedroom and out of the front door.

I press the button on my key and the door to my Range Rover unlocks. God it isn't half freezing. Shivering as I sit down in the drivers seat, I turn the engine on and reach over to the control system, turning on my heated seat to warm me up. Looking at the time on the screen in my car it says twenty to nine. That's just enough time to get home. Thank the lord or my dad will have my head.