Chapter 29.

Rowyn's pov:

"So how do we do this?" My toes leave the ground once more as I jump all over the place. Is it wrong I'm excited about this? Should I be this jittery?

"Stop moving around so much!" He yells at me making my movements stop immediately.

"Sorry, energy spurt." I smile largely not being able to control my happiness.

"Use it when I finish getting ready." Snapping at me he turns around quickly from where he was. Nobody else was in the room right now, as they had tasks to finish before hand. Gemma was also off somewhere helping Niall with his tasks.

"Okay." I brush my hair out of my face

"You're going to have to put your hair up anyways, put it up now." He says taking a hair tie off of his wrist handing it to me.

"Thank you." I comply taking it pulling back my dirty blonde hair. Harry watches carefully as I do so, his annoyed expression changing to one I couldn't decipher. After I'm done I look up at him and furrow my eyebrows.

"Why are you staring?" I huff crossing my arms waiting for his instructions

"I'm not." He quipped before walking over to the center of the mat. "Come over here." He points to the spot directly in front of him.

"What are we doing?" I ask as he pulls me even closer. I'm now touching toes with him. He's so close I can feel his steady paced breath on top of my own.

"I'm teaching you how to defend yourself." He smirks wide, knowing the effect he has on me.

"How exactly is that? We've been getting nowhere all day." My voice is lower than usual, comfort has been long pushed out of the window by the close contact.

"Like this." He says. I gasp when he pulls me, twisting me around and keeping my hands behind my back.

"Wha-"

"First rule is to always be on guard. Don't let anything distract you." He says strictly.

"I wasn't distracted, I was just wasn't expecting it."

"Exactly, expect the unexpected, which is rule number two." His grip on my arms tighten.

"Could you please, let go of me now? It's starting to hurt."

"You can't think about the pain. Now try and get out of my hold."

After he says that, I thrash around trying to loosen his grip on me but he seems unaffected.

"Pfft is that all you got?" He mocks me, amusement clear in his voice.

"No."

I pull my leg up as high as I can and then swing it backwards into his shin with full force.

"Fuck." Harry grunts, yet his hold is still securely latched onto me.

"Damn I really thought that would work." I whisper to myself.

"These men are stronger than you think Rowyn, one kick to the shin won't have an effect. Like me I'm used to it."

"Sure sounded like it." I scoff but then quickly whine in pain when my arms get raised higher.

"Try again."

This time I try and rip my arms away from his hands and turn around but a sharp pain shoots through them making me stop my actions.

"Ow."

"Come on you need to think."

"Don't you think I am?" I say in annoyance.