Chapter 51.

Rowyn's pov:

"There's knives in the cabinet over there. Find some you like and come meet me by the targets." Harry instructs already walking away before I can say anything else. "Boys do whatever you want to you already know the place just warm up on your skills you're gonna need them."

I look through the cabinets harry was talking about, looking at all the different kinds of knives in it along with the designs on them.

"Remember Rowyn when given the choice of which knife to use always choose the SOCP dagger its lightweight and easy to throw. Do you think you can remember that?" She asks holding the knife out for me to see.

"Yes mother."

"Here hold it." She says setting it in my outstretched hands. "Isn't it beautiful? You will need this later."

"What do you mean?"

"You will see soon, my child." She pushes away the hair that is lying across my face, tucking it behind my ears. "Your father will be so proud."

'SOCP dagger' I remind myself searching throughout the other knives all scattered out in the tiny space. I feel a smile creep onto my face as I finally find the match from my memory. "Got it." I say quietly, tracing the engraved butterfly symbol that is sitting in the middle where the handle meets the blade. I gently put the knife into my pocket before going to meet harry by the targets.

"What did you choose?"

"Easy, an SOCP dagger." I tell him taking the knife back out of my pocket to show him. 

"Good choice." He traces the butterfly before handing me the knife back. "Now step back and throw it as hard and fast as you can." Harry says pointing at a line on the floor.

I step back to where harry instructed at the black taped line marking the floor. Looking back at harry, I check my surroundings making sure everything is clear. Here goes nothing. I swing my arm forwards letting my arm stretch out perfectly in a straight line, in one motion I let go of the knife letting it fly through the air quickly and easily.  I stay in the same position until my knife collides with its intended target. "How about that?" I ask harry who doesn't make a sound but instead staring at the knife placed perfectly in the center of the red target circle.

"That was good." He tells me in a monotoned voice.

"Good?" I ask him raising my eyebrows that wasn't just good. That was amazing especially for something I haven't done in years and something I'm only just remembering.

"Yes, good. What do you want me to say that it was the most fantastic thing I've ever seen?"

"Well, yeah, sort of." I tell him honestly. I was expecting more than only that from him.

"I'm not going too. Go get the knife and throw it again."

"Fine." I huff obeying his orders reluctantly and grabbing the knife from the wall. "Can't we do something else?"

"We can do something else when I feel like you're skilled enough to not die."

"Thanks for the words of encouragement, it makes me feel so much better."

"You're the one that wants to come." He says to me. I throw the knife once more hitting the target perfectly. I scoff when he tells me to do it again. An hour more of throwing harry finally decides that I can move to doing something else. "I want you to try to stab me."

"No way. I'm not going to try to stab you." This is ridiculous, there's a million ways this could go wrong.

"If you're afraid you might hurt me you won't." I look at him for confirmation before giving in.