Chapter 42.

Rowyn's pov:

"How are you feeling?" Madelyn walks in turning on the bright lights.

I groan stretching out my limbs. "I think I'm feeling better today."

"That's good, that's amazing! Although you do have a small concussion." She tells me walking closer to my bed. "Are you sure you're feeling better? No more headache or dizziness?" She sets her hand on my head checking for a fever.

"Well, that's still slightly there. The medicine is helping a lot though."

"At least it's getting better. I do believe that it is best to keep you a little while longer, to make sure everything is okay. Considering the harsh fall Gemma told me you had you should consider yourself lucky. You could have ended up with more trauma if you hit it a little harder."

"Thank you, Madelyn, for taking care of me." I give her a tired smile. I'm thankful for the care I'm being given but this bed is not the most comfortable, I'd rather my own. "Have you heard from Harry today?"

"I can't say that I have. I did see him walking in the halls on my breakfast break earlier, though he didn't say anything to me." She scrunches up her eyebrows while telling me the story.

I find this a bit odd. The way he acted yesterday I would have thought he would check in more often.
This wasn't what I pictured happening after our talks the other day.

"I'm sure he was just busy though, trying to find out who poisoned you." She says trying to reassure me.

"Yeah, I bet that's it."I move to sit up in my bed searching for a more comfortable position to lay in.
"Could I go back to my room?"

"I don't think that's the best idea."

"Why not?" I ask her. I'm so tired of being in this room. It's been three days with no one but nurses coming to check on me.

"I've heard that there was a breakout fight a few minutes ago."

"Who was it?" I question her quickly. I'm only hoping it's not Harry. I don't want him fighting my battles when he has his own.

"With some blonde chick, she's a real piece of work. I've seen her around here a couple of times but not since you've arrived."

"Oh." I nod at least it wasn't Harry. "Could you call Louis? Ask if he could come up?"

"Yeah, of course." She says smiling.

"Thank you so much."

"It's really no problem. It is my job after all."

We sit in silence as she finishes typing in my updated status taking her clipboard out with her. The door shuts softly behind her and I continue to stare at it. There's not much to do while your stuck in the hospital wing of a secret underground potentially dangerous mafia group especially if your not aloud to have any type of electronics to occupy your time inside.

I start to think over my time here and I begin to understand why they don't trust me so much. I mean I shot liam, tried to escape twice, let in a group of masked men that tried to kill me, got kidnapped, and somehow managed to get myself poisoned. I think it's a sign that I shouldn't be here or a sign that I should take up some kind of self defense classes.

Yeah, that should definitely happen. Maybe after I'm feeling better and I'm all cleared to leave the hospital wing Harry would teach me more self defense.

The poison still doesn't make sense. I didn't have anything to drink until after I ran into Helene. What if she was the one who poisoned me! But that means my father most likely knew about it unless it was against him.