Chapter 41.

Rowyn's pov:

The sound of beeping monitors slowly came into hearing. People distantly talking but I couldn't understand what they were saying. My head was fuzzy and aching. I could feel somebody's hand on my arm but I was too weak to move.

Black again.

-

I was once again woken up by the beeping noises. I felt stares on me as I began to try opening my eyes. They fluttered open and then back shut again, the bright lights not helping.

"Is it too bright?" Someone asks. I nod slowly trying not to shake my head too much.

The lights are dimmed and I can finally open my eyes. To my surprise no one but a nurse was there, someone I hadn't seen before.

"Where's Harry?"

"He's in a meeting right now." She says. Checking my vitals. Once she's finished another nurse comes in but I quickly recognize her as none other than Madelyn, her wavy brown hair and freckles not hard to get mixed up.

"Rowyn your awake! Harry has been at my throat all day asking about any changes with you. How long have you been awake?"

I struggle to get words out, my throat extremely dry. "About 5 minutes." I tell her clearing my throat.

"July go grab her some water." She says. We both look at the new nurse, July, who stands there for a second before leaving.

"Where's Harry?"

"July hasn't called him?" She looks distressed

"No, she said he was in a meeting."

"The orders were to tell him immediately even if he was in a meeting!" She grabs her phone frantically calling Harry. "Harry, Hi! Rowyns awake now! She's doing good. All vitals are now normal. Okay, we'll be here."

"What's going on?"

"He's on his way now." She says writing a couple things down in her notebook.

"Can I ask what happened?" I question. I still don't know what happened or why I'm here. Nobody has told me anything.

"I had better leave that for when Harry comes."

"Okay....." I can't seem to keep going my head is still a little tired.

There's a knock at the door. Madelyn opens to let in July holding a cup of water followed by Harry.

Harry practically shoves July out of the way to reach my bed end. He swings a chair out of the corner to sit on. "How are you feeling?" He looks me up and down.

"Ehhh good. I think. My head is still hurting and I feel a bit fuzzy but besides that I'm good." I tell him. July hands me the water and I take a few sips, the water dripping down my chair. I can't seem to get a right angle while laying down.

Harry laughs and presses a button on the side of my bed sitting me up so I can get a proper drink. "Thank you." I say laying back down.

"We had better check on the other patients." Madelyn says waving goodbye to both of us.

Once they leave Harry speaks again. "Do you know what happened?"

"No, nobody has told me anything. Madelyn said it would be best to wait until you got here."

"Of course she did." He rolls his eyes. He places his hand on my arm and I instantly recognize the feeling as the one when I first woke up. I let him keep it there finding the warm feeling comforting.

"What all do you remember?"

"I was walking to my room after you...told me. My head was hearting and so was my chest I was getting really dizzy so I was going to lay down. Gemma was talking to me and it got worse. I remember she was halfway down the hall when everything got black. I saw her running back to me and that's all." I tell him all I know.

"Anything else?"

"No, nothing else." I say pressing my lips together. I just want to know something.

"You were drugged we know by who or when exactly but it was probably slipped into your drink at some point in the day my bet is during the party. I don't think your father would risk your death meaning we've got someone else after us, besides him." He takes a breath. "Now besides them slipping something. You had a panic attack it caused your blood pressure to get higher because of that you passed out. You also hit your head on the floor on the way down. That explains the fuzziness and the ache in your head."

He clears his throat. "If you didn't pass out we might not have caught the drug but we did. We were lucky on that one."

I nod slowly. "What does that mean? What are we going to do?"

"Not 'we', me. You're staying here." He says harshly.

"I have to do something I can't stay cooped up in here while you guys are out there."

"As soon as you get better you can. For now you're staying here and if I find out you leave. I'm going to have to start locking you in your room again." He threatens me. Looking pretty serious about it.

"But when I get better I can go with you?"

"Yes." He answers.

Can you at least tell me what your doing so I don't worry as much? You can't leave me here with no details."

"I could but I won't." He pats my arm then stands up. "Right now we are checking out the bartender at the party if he checks out then we aren't sure what we'll do."

"You don't think it was my father?" I quest squinting my eyes. He could be lying to me.

"No." He sniffs "I don't think he would kill you to get to me."

"I don't know if I believe that."

"You don't have to but I do. He cares too much." He shrugs. He seems to be telling the truth from what I can tell.

"If he cared he would have been home more."

His phone buzzes. "I have to go. The boys have some information."

"Yeah okay. Tell me when you find anything else out."

He nods leaving the room. Leaving me alone.

———————————————————————————

A/N:

Any ideas on who it was?