Chapter 33.

Rowyn's pov:

"Now that we have her gone we actually need to go over the plan." I say looking at everyone.

Niall stands up walking across the room grabbing something off of the table across the room bringing it to the one in front of the couch.

"You've all already seen this map before but it's a lay out of the place. Our goal is to keep everyone busy while we scope out a few areas count how many guards they have and what weapons they have."

"After that?" I question

"After that, we get out of there." Harry clears his throat "Tonight is just scoping about, nothing more. Got it?" He squints at Zayn. Now I'm wondering what he did last time. "Next time around we'll do more." He continues on and Zayn roles his eyes.

"Got it scoping around and that's all." I confirm and he nods.

"Alright now that that's settled here is your cards. These cards are your backgrounds names and everything you need to know." He hands me a card and I stare at it.

Name: Avalon smith
Age: 20
Background: Intern from Australia looking to start a new life. 1 sibling still at home. Interested in art and music. Runs with Oliver and Cooper as a helper.

I smile when I look up mines not so bad. I think I can do this.

"What did you guys get?" I question. They all set their cards on the table.

Zayn
Name: Jacob prior
Age: 24
Background: Street Artist and a runner. Runs with Cooper and Oliver.

Niall
Name: Asher Smith
Age: 22
Background: Runner and Scout. Runs with Cooper and Oliver. Security guard at the art museum.

Harry
Name: Oliver Cartier
Age:22
Background: Coopers best-friend looking to make a name in America. Moved 5 years ago from France currently looking for business in an art museum owned by both cooper and Oliver.

Liam
Name: Cooper Bassett
Age: 24
Background: Oliver's best-friend looking to make a name in America. Moved 5 years ago from France currently looking for business in an art museum owned by both cooper and Oliver.

Louis
Name: Lewis hall
Age: 23
Background: Runner, Responsible event coordinator. Met Jacob through a run getting involved with the others later.

Wow, the whole change is astonishing. I was not expecting this much out of it. I'm starting to wonder if I can even do this, I guess I'm just diving right into it now.

"You good?" Louis asks taking his card back.

"Yep, just peachy."

"Great! Were leaving in about an hour. Stay close and be prepared to leave as soon as the time comes." Harry commands bellowing loudly.

"Got it." I nod walking out of the door. I need some time alone to think and to get into character.

I walk up the flight of stairs to my room. I take a deep breath and slowly let it out. Sitting on my bed I clear my throat.

I begin speaking in an off Australian accent. "Hello, my name is Avalon smith. I'm here with Oliver and Cooper. I'm trying to get to know the community better." I hold out my hand for an imaginary handshake before recoiling. "Ughhh." I groan "That was so bad."

I repeat the same lines continuously until I feel I have them down enough to sound like a real Australian woman. I celebrate quietly once I get it down. A knock comes from the door.

I head downstairs to eat a quick bite before we leave. Walking into the kitchen I spot Gemma sitting there.

"Wow, you look stunning!" She gasps, her jaw falling open. "I was not expecting this when Harry said your transformation was unbelievable and unrecognizable."

"Trust me I wasn't either." It takes a few seconds for my mind to process what she said. "Harry told you that?"

"Not exactly but I could tell it's what he was thinking. He really does like you, you know. Even if he won't admit it."

"He does?"

"Yeah, I can tell you like him also."

"Ummm.....no, kinda..... I mean yes. It's complicated really. Whatever you do just don't tell him."

"Cross my heart and hope to die." She makes an X over her heart then crosses her fingers. "Trust me when I say I believe you. I mean nothing was ever easy with him when we were younger. He's as stubborn as they come."

"That's one thing we have in common." I say amused.

She gets up grabbing a kettle of water from off a stove in the corner. "I can sense that from you." She laughs pouring water into two cups. She reaches in the cannot pulling out two bags of tea setting one in each cup. "That's probably why he likes you because you're a chase and not an easy catch. You're making him work for it."

"I don't think so. He kissed me once and I basically asked him to marry me. At least that's what it felt like."

"Well if that's the case maybe he wants you to work for it instead."

"I don't think that's it either. He basically said we'd never be together."

"In due time he'll come around. If he doesn't I'll give him a little push." She laughs loudly once more and I laugh softly with her.

"You don't seem anything like Harry."

"Our personalities are pretty different but if you'd saw my mothers personality it would make more sense. Harry takes after our father more. That's we're he gets his bipolar from."

"What do you mean?" I speak slowly trying not to overstep my boundaries especially since it involves Harry and I'm not sure what terms we are on.

"Our father, Jack, he had anger issues and was bipolar he was on medicine for it. The same one Harry is on I believe. If he even still takes them."

"Oh, okay that explains a lot then. I'm not sure if we should continue talking about it though....I feel weird that it's coming from you and not from him." I still speak slowly. Don't get me wrong I'm thankful for the information but I'd rather it come from Harry and not Gemma. I don't want him to think we were talking bad about him behind his back. I'm not sure how he would take the information.

"Yeah, I totally get it!" She seems okay with me putting a stop to the conversation.

"Rowyn! We're ready to leave now." Niall yells slamming the kitchen door open and right back shut again.

"I should go. Thank you for the tea!" I yell at her as I stand up opening the door and slamming it shut. Rushing up the stairs to follow Niall.

We are running up 10 flights of stairs and I'm already out of breath. I stop to take a quick breather. "Can't we" I swallow harshly. "take the elevator."

He looks at me like I'm stupid. "The elevator doesn't go up that high." He points up two more flights of stairs.

"Where is that high?! The roof?!"

"Ding ding ding!"

"Why the roof? I don't want to go up there." I remember back to how high the building was which isn't much considering half of its underground anyways.

"You ask a lot of questions. Just come on and you'll see besides Harry's waiting for us."

"Why couldn't he come get me then?"

"He didn't want to."

"Wow thanks. Way to deadpan it."

"You're welcome!" He smiles cheekily.

We finally reach a door and I see Niall bending down to scan his eye. A bright light flashes and light above the door flashes green as it pops open. I gasp when I see what on the roof. We're riding in a helicopter.

———————————————————————————

A/N:

Yayyy a helicopter!! Hehe I'm back! If you're still here thanks for reading I appreciate all of you and your comments they give me motivation to keep going! xx Next chapter they will finally get to the dining hall and we might see some real action in there🙈