WHAT'RE YOU SO AFRAID OF?

when i got in the house, i got tackled in a big hug by stokeley, who seemed way too excited to see me, and i laughed, lightly wrapping my arms around him, and smiling.

"you were not ever this nice to me when we were locked up." i said, raising an eyebrow.

he shrugged. "yeah, but that nigga jahseh been crying every day without you, so i'm fucking happy to see you." he said, making me furrow my eyebrows and look in jahseh's direction.

jahseh just shook his head, walking away from us and out of the living room, and leaving us behind. i felt my face heating up, and i ran my fingers through my hair, looking at stokeley again.

"really?" i asked, and he sighed, rubbing his face as he crashed onto the couch. he nodded his head, picking up the remote.

i walked over to the direction jahseh had wandered off in, and found myself in the kitchen, seeing him standing by the counter, drinking a bottle of water. i approached him slowly, smiling widely.

"why you looking at me like that?" he asked, raising an eyebrow, and i shook my head, just continuing to smile.

he took a step closer to me and lifted a hand, tilting my chin up, and looking me deep into my eyes. he looked so different, yet so beautiful without his eyebrows, and looking at the tree on his forehead sent a chill up my spine. to think that directly on his face was a tattoo meant for me and me only.

just as i was about to lean in, i heard noise behind me, and snapped around to see kaya behind us. i smiled at her, feeling my face flush with embarrassment, waving at her.

"did i interrupt something?" she asked, looking between us with a look on her face i couldn't quite understand.

i shook my head, pulling myself entirely away from him and running my fingers through the ends of my hair. she nodded, eyeing us again before she walked out, and i sighed, turning to face him again.

"i don't know why you lied to her," he started, standing upright and closing up his water bottle. "she definitely interrupted."

he walked out, but not before pulling my hand and leading me with him, and i followed quietly. we went into a dark hallway, and then he opened the door to a room which seemed to be his. he shut the door behind us, and made his way to the bed.

i kept my eyes on him, approaching him slowly, and he motioned for me to come to sit beside him. i followed his command, sitting right beside him, and he sat back on the bed, against the headboard, tapping away on his phone.

the sight of his phone made me realize mine was still in his car, but i didn't care enough to go get it, so i simply pulled his leg over mine and began carefully picking the lint from his sweatpants.

he chuckled, watching me, and i ignored him, continuing what i was doing. i threw his leg off of me dramatically when i was done, and he laughed loudly. i smiled, crawling up beside him and laying my head on his chest like we used to always.

"thank you wife." he said, making my face redden. i looked up at him, eyebrows furrowed.

"wife?" i repeated, and he rolled us over, hovering himself over me.

he didn't speak, instead just stared me in my eyes, and i stared into his, lost in the maze of them. the beauty of them, and every raw, unspoken emotion that could be found in them was enough to bring one to a state of euphoria.

despite being under him, i took the dominant lead in kissing him, but teased by only placing a gentle peck on his lip and pulling away. he rolled his eyes, cupping my face in his hand and giving me a longer, more passionate kiss, which made everything inside of me turn into jelly.

fuck.

this is it. this is the fix, the feeding for my addiction.

when he pulled away, he began to place a bunch of kisses all along my face and traveled down to my neck, where he continued to place little pecks all over.

the affection was enough to make my palms sweat and my face flush. i bit my lip, feeling my heartbeat flutter with nervousness and passion.

he lifted up, looking at me intently, and he got up entirely. "what're you so afraid of?" he asked, and i rolled over on to bed to face him as he took off his shirt, making me look away, my face reddening.

"what do you mean?" i asked, trying not to look at his bare body, which i've never fully seen before.

fuck it, i wanna see.

my jaw nearly dropped, seeing his toned chest and abs, and i couldn't break my gaze from him. his arms and shoulders were buff and broad, and he had some more tattoos that i hadn't gotten the chance to see when we were locked up.

damn he looks good.

"you good?" he asked with a smirk on his face, snapping me out of it and making me look up at him, nodding.

he chuckled, shaking his head as i sat up and onto the edge of the bed, looking up at him. he approached me closely, standing directly in front of me and looking down at me, while i looked up at him, staring into his face and taking in all his beauty.

he put a hand up to hold onto my head, massaging my scalp gently and playing with my red, silky hair at the same time. i watched him closely, and placed a hand gently on his hard chest before i spoke.

"you're mine."

~