HAPPY

i let a soft moan escape my lips, satisfaction and pleasure roaming all throughout my body as jahseh worked magic with his hands.

"you really been stressed, huh?" he asked me, as he continued to massage my shoulders and back while i laid on my stomach.

"yes." i said softly, feeling my body relax even more and feel better with every movement under his hands.

he didn't respond, and i listened to the low music playing in the background of the room while i enjoyed the massage, before he sat up and smirked down at me.

i rolled over, sighing and looking up at him, while he continued to look at me with a sly look, making me furrow my eyebrows. "what?"

"nothing, nothing." he said, getting off of the bed and stretching dramatically, letting out a loud shriek, which made me laugh.

"can we go somewhere?" i asked, sitting up and watching him pull a hoodie on over his head of newly dyed blue dreads, which he claimed to be purple but were a failed attempt of the color.

"like where?" he asked when his head popped through the head hole, and i stood up and shrugged my shoulders.

"anywhere, let's just get away for a couple hours."

he approached me slowly, pulling me in by the waist and looked down at me, before nodding his head and placing a kiss on my forehead. "get dressed, i'll take you wherever you wanna go."

i smiled at his words, before pulling on a little, white long sleeved shirt and leaving on the leggings i wore, and then slipping into some slides, not worried much about my appearance, like always.

"let's go." i said, grabbing him by the hand and pulling him out of the room, where he followed me calmly, intertwining his fingers with mine.

we got to his car, and i got in, buckling in my seatbelt and taking his phone, before i started tapping away on in as he got in and watched me in confusion, until i handed him back his phone, gps set.

"so where we going?" he asked, as he buckled his seatbelt and started the car, and i shook my head.

"i'm not telling you, i wanna surprise you." i said, which made him give me a questioning look, but say nothing, as he backed out of the driveway.

"you got it." he said, making me laugh softly, and them lean my head against the window and watch as we drove, the sun setting in the sky and leaving everything with a deep, orange glow.

i smiled as i started to recognize our surroundings and where we were, and sat up, placing my hand on his thigh softly, and looking up at him, which made him glance over at me and let out a laugh.

"why you looking at me like that?" he asked, and i smiled, before looking away, back to the sights ahead. "cause you're so perfect."

he was quiet for a moment, and then shook his head, a smile on his face as he stopped at the red light ahead of him and then looked at me.

"if i'm perfect to you, you can't imagine how perfect you are to me."

i blushed at his words, and rubbed his thigh gently before paying attention to ahead of us, as he pulled over right where the gps told us to. "where are we?" he asked, raising an eyebrow, and i smiled.

"come, it's a surprise." i said, unbuckling my seatbelt and getting out of the car. 

he followed, as we walked along the trail, and passed the trees into a bright, pretty lot of land full of flowers, butterflies, and a fountain at the middle, with a few benches.

"this shit look straight out of a movie." he said, looking around in awe, and i smiled before pulling him by the hand and sitting at a bench with him, in front of the fountain.

the water sparkled under the setting suns bright light, and the entire plot of land seemed to glow under the bright orange of the sun, bringing the perfect look and vibe.

"where'd you find this place?" he asked, pulling an arm around my shoulder, and i watched some of the butterflies fly around carelessly before i spoke.

"i grew up a couple blocks over. i used to come here, just for peace." i said, my gaze lost in the beauty of it all, being that i hadn't come here in over a year.

there was a comfortable silence between us, and i noticed some blue butterflies coming towards us, and i followed their path with my eyes, seeing them approach jahseh and land on his head and jacket.

he looked down at them, and i let out a soft laugh. "i think it's the blue," i said, putting a hand out and watching one that fluttered nearby land on my hand.

"that, and your aura."

he stayed quiet, deeply invested in the butterflies surrounding and sitting on him, and then put his hand out just as mine was, where a few more flew to his hand and landed on his hand calmly.

"this shit is therapeutic," he said, and i nodded my head in agreement, as i watched the butterfly on my hand fly off and onto jahseh's head.

"you believe in deep messages?" he asked, and i glanced over at him before nodding.

"of course i do. there's a deeper meaning in everything, and a hidden message in almost everything." i told him, watching a few butterflies fly off of him and back out towards the flowers and fountain.

"so what message do you think is in this?" he asked, signaling towards the butterflies that remained on his hand and hoodie, and i shut my eyes before i spoke.

"are you happy?" i asked him, opening my eyes up again and looking at him.

"with you? of cour-"

"no, in general." i said, interjecting before he could finish, and he paused for a moment before nodding his head.

"honestly, yeah. i'm starting to be happy for once." he replied, and i hummed in response, watching some bees fly around happily.

"the butterflies can tell. and whatever wish you've made, they're letting you know it's granted."

~