BETTER

"chill, wait." he said, wrapping his arms around me in a restraint, to which i forcefully yanked away from him and glared at him.

"don't fucking touch me. what did i ever do to you?" i snapped, though my voice was filled with more sadness than anger, and i damned myself for going soft this easily.

"what'd i do to deserve this?" i whispered, looking away from him and gazing over the room, just trying to look at anything but him.

"aracely i'm sorry." he said, and i nodded my head before walking over to the dresser and taking out my clothes, and he let out a sigh.

"are we really gonna do this again? you know i'm not gonna let you leave."

i dropped the clothes onto the bed before i returning to the dresser and grabbing more, not looking at him at all. "si lo haras, because i'm not gonna stay here like some stupid bitch while you treat me like shit and hate me, for what?"

he clenched his jaw and grabbed my arm, keeping me from moving away from him. "i don't hate you."

i scoffed, looking only at his grip on my arm rather than his face or eyes, and let out a sarcastic laugh. "actions speak louder than words."

"i'm just stressed, ary, i-" he began, only for me to interject and yank my rank away.

"yes, i get it, you're stressed, you don't want a baby with me and you're not over your ex, so just let me fucking leave!" i shouted, flailing my arms in desperation and looking up at him pleadingly.

"you're fucking holding me hostage, i swear, you won't do shit for me but you want me to stay. por que?" (why?)

he shut his eyes, shaking his head before pulling me closer to him and looking down at me. "i didn't mean that shit when i said it, i put it on my moms i didn't, i just snapped and i don't know where it came from."

i didn't respond, instead looked away from him and down at my feet, or at least as much of my feet as i could see beneath the ginormous baby bump on my stomach.

"ary, please. don't leave me, you can't be the one to leave like everyone else does."

his pleads made my heart crack for a moment, and by the tone of his voice i could tell he was seemingly hanging by a thread, and i looked up at him to see him refusing to look at me.

"is this how you treat everyone? to make them leave?" i asked, and while i knew it was a bit hold and inappropriate of a question to make, i couldn't help it.

he didn't speak, but my words made him flinch, and let out an exhale before prying his hand off of my arm and looking up at him. "how can you say some shit like that and not mean it? and not expect it to hurt someone?"

he, once again, flinched at my words but kept quiet, and i took it as a cue to go on and finish what i had to say, and i looked away from him before speaking lowly, soft enough to almost be a whisper.

"no quiero que las cosas entre nosotros sean asi," (i don't want things to be like this anymore) "but you cant do this to me. it's not fair."

he shook his head, keeping his head down and away from me, before pulling my hand into his and twisting the snake ring he'd put on me, that was once his own, and i hadn't taken off, despite everything going on.

"i don't give a fuck about her, i promise i don't, i realized i don't care, being so far away from you when we're right next to each other made me realize that shit." he spoke, his voice deeper and raspier than usual, usually a sign that he was either sad or tired.

"fuck all of that, vro, you having my baby, and i'm tryna marry you, nobody else but you. i know i been treating you like shit but that's not what i want either, baby. i just want everything to be better."