HOPE IT'S NOT TOO LATE

"miralo! se ve como un monstruo!" (he looks like a monster!) my mother shouted as i packed the last bag i had with the rest of my belongings.

i picked up my stitch pillow, shoving it in the bag and zipping the bag up. "mami, ya me voy, just shut up." (i'm leaving now)

"y a quien tu ya dieciendo shut up? no vuelvas!" (don't come back) my mother screeched as i walked out of the house with the last bag of my belongings.

"i won't. don't worry." i shrugged, shutting the door behind me before she could continue with any of her bullshit.

she kicked me out, as to be expected, because she wanted nothing to do with me now that i'd been imprisoned. she said i'm crazy and a danger to her home, which is a bit of an exaggeration in my opinion, but okay.

i mean seriously, you almost kill one person and everyone acts like you actually killed her.

the girls alive, she's fine. i don't see what the big deal is. like i said before, she shouldn't have provoked me. she should've known better, just like everyone else knows better. that was her fault and her lesson learned.

i sighed, getting into jahseh's car and throwing the last bag into his back seat, before buckling my seatbelt.

"you good?" he asked, glancing at me before he began to back out of the driveway.

i nodded my head, leaning my head against the window and shutting my eyes, trying to zone out all my thoughts and the voices in my head. you would think that after i left jail, the voices would leave too, but they didn't.

they stuck, and never shut up. the only time there was silence was when i was with jahseh. his presence was the only thing that brought me sanity.

after a few moments, there was silence in my head, and i opened my eyes and sat up in the seat, looking over at jahseh. "canta para mí." (sing for me)

he glanced at me, raising a non-existent eyebrow. "sing what?"

i shrugged my shoulders, smiling. "anything."

he paused for a moment, before he began to sing lowly. "before i lay me down to sleep, i pray the lord my soul to keep. i hope it's not too late for me, oh.."

i couldn't hold back the smile on my face as he sung, and he smiled shyly after, shrugging his shoulders as he pulled into the driveway of his house. "that's all i got."

i held his arm before he could move, pausing for a moment. "difference, changing in the distance, time consumes our image, woah.."

he smiled at me, looking away as his face slightly reddened, and then sighed. "have i ever told you that you complete me?"

i smirked, unbuckling my seatbelt. "maybe a few times."

...

i sat on jahseh's bed, my bags on the floor beside it, watching him take off his shirt. he threw it at me once it was off, making me throw it back, and he laughed.

(hAhA ShE tHrEw iT bAc- stfu)

"why you staring so hard shawty, you wanna fuck me?" he asked, making me roll my eyes while i tried to hold back a smile.

"no." i said softly, but my tone of voice entirely contradicted my words.

he approached me slowly, making my face redden, and i watched him stand directly in front of me, looking me deep in my eyes. "why're you lying to me?"

i bit my lip, staring into his eyes deeply and and trying to find words to speak, but i had none. he left me at a loss for words, just by looking in his eyes. i felt like he was staring into my soul and reading every part of me, seeing all of my secrets and hearing every story i had, with his eyes.

he brought a hand up to my neck, gripping it gently, when there was a knock at his door. he let go to me, standing up straight before he spoke. "what?"

i rolled my eyes at the interruption, pulling my legs up and sitting criss cross applesauce on the bed, while kaya opened the door and stuck her head into the room.

of course.

don't get me wrong, shes alright, but she's always been weird about jahseh and i's friendship. she's always had something to say or accuse us of, and she seemed to always be making fun of us and trying to cover it as a joke.

except she wasn't very good at covering it as a joke.

i narrowed my eyes but looked away from her, tucking my hair behind my ear, listening to her.

"hey, sorry, am i interrupting?" she asked, making me roll my eyes.

no, of course not.

"yes, yes you are." jahseh said flatly.

there was a moment of silence, and i looked down at my fingernails, picking at and playing with them awkwardly. she finally spoke, slowly and a bit quieter, as if she didn't want me to hear.

"can i talk to you? privately?" she whispered, making me furrow my eyebrows while i kept my eyes on my hands, though all my attention was now on her.

eventually, i gave in, looking up at the two to see jahseh still standing by the door, looking at her. he glanced back at me, and then spoke.

"i'll be back."

~
thank y'all for 1k reads 🥳🥳i love you guys

as i'm back and editing this while we're nearing 40k reads i- 🥺 whoever comes across this, ily and thank you for reading.

hitting 1k, then 5k, and almost 10k before the story ended was the biggest thing ever to me and to see this book getting over triple that is literally making me wanna cry wow ily