EVERYTHING'S GONNA BE ALRIGHT

"baby, you're okay, stop crying." jahseh said softly, in an attempt to calm me down as he helped me get into new underwear and sweatpants, though i only cried louder, and he sighed.

stokeley was putting the hospital bag and other necessities in the car, while jahseh attempted to get me to cooperate with him, but i sat on the bed just continuing to cry, so he wiped my face gently before tilting it up to him.

"i'm not ready to be a mommy." i cried, and he shook his head before wiping my face once again and looking down at me intently.

"yes you are, don't worry." he assured me, and i let out a huff that was a mixture of misery, frustration and pain, before i nodded my head and held his hand, getting up from the bed.

"what if she doesn't like me?" i asked, childishly, as we walked through the house and towards the front door, and he shushed me, helping me put on a sweater that was on the couch.

"i should be asking that, baby, you're her mommy, of course she's gonna like you."

i mumbled an 'okay', wiping my face and slipping on some slides before walking out with jahseh beside me, and getting into the car, where stokeley sat in the back, seeming both calm and terrified, which was quite confusing to me.

i sat back in the seat, and though i was silent, tears were still streaming down my face, and quite honestly i wasn't sure why or what was sparking them, i was simply an emotional mess.

stokeley started to record on his phone, pointing the camera towards me, before turning it back to himself and speaking. "hi vlog, it's.. wednesday, january 22, 2019, and aracely's about to push a baby out of her."

i didn't respond or react to his words, just propped my elbow up and leaned my head on my hand, while jahseh spoke. "i'm finna be a fatherrr!"

i continued to watch quietly as we drove, trying to steadily breathe and stop myself from crying more, though i really had no reason to be crying in the first place, and jahseh kept a hand on my thigh gently.

xiorra was still wriggling and moving around in my stomach, and as if on cue to her movements, my stomach had a cramp like pain in it, that made me groan and lay my head against the window.

"ski, can you call ms. cleo?" i asked, not even looking back at him, and i heard him hum in response before speaking.

"wait why?"

i glanced back at him and held myself back from slapping him in the face before i spoke. "because i need another woman here, not you idiots."

he sighed, but didn't respond to my words and began to call cleo, while i laid my head against the window once more and watched as we approached the hospital, a breath of relief leaving my mouth gently.

...

"you'll be here for a while," the nurse spoke as she gently rubbed my arm, in attempts to calm me or soothe me, though i was fine.

"she's not dilated enough yet, and your contractions are still a bit irregular, so i'll be checking in every 30 minutes to an hour, okay?"

i nodded my head, sighing as she walked out and jahseh and stokeley sat on the chairs beside the bed, while the sky outside was beginning to darken and night started to fall.

"if she waits.." stokeley started, speaking to jahseh, glancing at the time on his phone before continuing. "four more hours, you gone get a baby on your birthday."

"my fucking back hurts." i complained, groaning as it cramped up and ached, alongside my stomach, and jahseh gave me a sympathetic look before gently fixing my hair out of my face.

just then, the door opened and a brown skin woman entered the room, before i realized it was ms. cleo, and i smiled at her as she stood beside me and caressed my face dramatically as if i was dying.

"how you feel?" she asked, sitting in a seat beside me on my left side, placing her across from jahseh and stokeley.

"ready for this to be over with, it hurts." i sighed, rubbing my stomach and shutting my eyes for a minute, as if an attempt to shut out the aching pain, though of course unsuccessful.

"once she's here, you're gonna wish she stayed in for a little longer," cleo said, sighing and looking over at jahseh. "i miss when jahseh was in my tummy."

jahseh gave her a straight face, shaking his head. "i don't, there wasn't no space to move around."

everyone in the room glanced at him, and then we all started laughing, only for me to cut my laugh short and sigh at the pain that spiked in my back from laughing, and i groaned, looking down at my stomach and sighing.

stokeley stood up, stretching momentarily before looking down at me and then at jahseh. "you wanna go try hospital food?"

"of fucking course vro." jahseh responded, getting up and walking out with stokeley alongside him without wasting any time, and i sighed before fully laying back on the bed and shutting my eyes.

"i just hope this all goes well and everything's okay." i said softly, just about in a whisper, but i knew it was loud enough for cleo to hear, and she took my hand in hers and rubbed it gently before speaking.

"it will, everything's gonna be alright."

~