FACING REALITY

he pulled apart before i could, the kiss just a quick one, but it had a lot of passion in it, and my face instantly began to heat up and redden, as he chuckled slightly and removed his arm from around me.

"my fault, i couldn't help myself." he said, and i just sat there, frozen and still, my face hot and nervous.

he sighed, getting up from the seat and picking up his hennessy, before patting me on the shoulder and looking down at me. "that's what i meant by i love you," he began, taking another sip of hennessy.

"but you don't gotta say nothing, i already know there's no chance."

without another word, he walked away from me and back inside the house, leaving me there, still frozen and staring at the spot he once stood, as if maybe he'd reappear, or maybe i'd wake up from this dream.

i would've, even, preferred to snap out of it and realize i was hallucinating and he was still sitting beside me, staring into the sky, because that'd be better than facing reality, wouldn't it?

but i wasn't, and i was stuck facing reality, of course.

xiorra was still, maybe frozen in shock just like me, and i finally broke my paralysis and let out a deep exhale before putting my head in my hands and shutting my eyes.

but being in the darkness only made things worse, because in the dark and with my eyes clothes, all i could see was his face directly before he pressed his lips against mine, and it made me snap my eyes open and lift up my head.

he seemed to already know himself it was never gonna happen, and he didn't have a chance, not only because i was still with jahseh, let alone pregnant with his child, but because even if we split, it'd be even more wrong.

yet, it still left me shaken up, and i wasn't sure how to react or go about anything, because with that being done and those words being said, how was i supposed to act like it was nothing and as if i forgot?

i bit my inner lip, before shaking my head, attempting to shake my thoughts away, and getting up from the couch, which was a bit of a struggle on it's own, though i did it.

i walked back inside the house, just in time to head the front door shut and a collection of loud, deep voices fill the house, letting me know that jahseh was home, and he'd brought his friends.

i sighed, making my way back to the bedroom and hoping i'd avoid contact, or even being seen, with any and every one, though my hopes were, of course, failed, as i bumped shoulders with a tall body.

"my fau-, oh."

i looked up to see jahseh, and i furrowed my eyebrows but looked back down, avoiding eye contact with him and returning my walk to the room, only for him to pull my arm, preventing me from getting far.

i didn't speak or react, just stopped in my tracks and stayed, not even facing him, but waiting for him to speak or say whatever he deemed necessary enough to stop me, and get it out soon enough so i could leave.

he just held onto me, wordlessly, which prompted me to turn to face him, and at the sight of my body turning, giving in, and facing him, he smirked.

"where you going?" he asked, as nonchalant as can be, as if everything was okay and there was no issue whatsoever.

i just stared at him, blankly, and the way i looked at him reminded me of the way i stared at him when we were both locked up- blank and emotionless, unreadable and unknowingly.

his smirk dropped and his facial expressions hardened with seriousness as he realized i wasn't going to respond, and as the look on my face read blankly and as if i had no idea who he was, which in all honestly, was true.

the man that i had fallen in love with, and made a child with, was not the same man that stood in front of me, and while i had no idea what it was, or where i went wrong, i knew something changed.

he opened his mouth to speak, only to have a short, thin blonde girl wrap her arms around his waist and gather both his and my attention, as she smiled up at him, and spoke.

"what're you doing, daddy? let's go where the fun is!"

as if my face wasn't already flat, it seemed to just flatten more, and harden on top of it, and his hand on my arm had naturally loosened, to which i pulled free from him, looking from him to the girl wrapped around him.

she finally acknowledged me, before her eyes fell to my very much pregnant stomach, and her jaw dropped, and then she released her grip on jahseh and began to back away slowly, as if she didn't even want to speak and potentially worsen an already-bad situation.

i let out an exhale, at a loss for words and entirely numb, and turned away from him and made my way back to the room, to which i could feel his body following me, though i paid it no mind, and i pulled my bag out of the closet and put it on the bed, before turning to face him.

"i'm done."

~