NOT LIKE THE LAST

thank you guys for 5k reads ❤️ luv u all

i leaned my head against the window of the car, my eyelids heavy with exhaustion and my body weak, tired. i yawned, for the probably hundredth time, and watched at the sun set and the car passed houses and trees that all looked the same.

i shut my eyes, though i wasn't asleep and didn't plan to fall asleep, and just listened to the music he played, hearing my soft singing in the background of his raps, paying attention to the words and emotion received from them.

i spoke, keeping my eyes shut. "you never told me about your ex."

there was silence for a moment before he spoke. "some day."

i hummed in response, leaning back comfortably and now sitting in the comfort and expectancy to sleep, only for the car to stop and the engine to shut off.

i sighed, opening my eyes, and seeing us in front of a house i didn't recognize, which made me furrow my eyebrows. "where are we?" i asked, unbuckling my seatbelt as he did the same and opened his door.

"just come," he said, making me sigh but get out of the car and walk over to him as he approached the door of the house. "i want you to meet someone- actually, some people."

i nodded my head, though still confused, and watched him tiredly as he unlocked the door with a key on his keychain and opened the door, earning barks from a dog in the house that ran over to him and then jumped at him, licking all over him.

soon after, a young boy started running towards him, and jumped on him, screaming out in excitement, and jahseh lifted him up and wrapped his arms around him.

"what's up little man?" he asked, stepping fully into the house, and i shut the door behind us, watching the dog sniff and lick at me.

"who's this? is this your girlfriend?" the little boy asked, making me blush.

"yes, and no she's not like the last so don't even ask her," jahseh said boredly, which made me blush even more while i waved at the boy. "aiden, this is aracely, aracely, this is my brother aiden."

"hi, how are you?" i asked, and aiden's eyes widened and his jaw dropped, which made me furrow my eyebrows.

"mommy, jahseh's with another spanish girl!" he shouted through the house, which made me bite my inner lip, trying not to laugh, because i was reminded of him telling me he had a 'thing' for spanish girls.

jahseh slapped aiden on the head, which made aiden hold onto his head dramatically and run off, and jahseh started to follow him, though at a walking pace, grabbing my hand and holding onto it.

"boy, if you're with another hoe i'll personally slap her." she said, which made my eyes widen and my jaw clench slightly, though i stayed still and quiet.

we wandered into a kitchen, where a really young, brown skinned woman stood, with aiden beside her, and her eyes widened at the sight of me.

"oh- i didn't know she was here," she said, shaking her head and looking at me. "i'm sorry."

i laughed it off, shaking my head. "it's okay. i'm aracely." i said, shaking the hand that she offered at the sight of me, and she smiled.

"cleo," she said, yet i couldn't get my mind off of the fact that she looked so young, and could've passed as jahseh's sister, rather than his mom. "how are you?"

her words made me snap back into reality, and i smiled gently at her. "i'm good, you?"

she returned her attention to the food she was cooking in front of her, nodding her head. "likewise," she said, and jahseh jumped up onto the counter and sat beside her. "boy you have five seconds to get off my counter before i drag you off myself."

he turned to me, laughing but staying on the counter. "see where i get it from?" he asked, continuing to laugh at his mother and stay on the counter.

i laughed too, and she shook her head before pulling him off and hitting his head, making him drop
to the ground, which made me laugh even harder, because either she'd hit him really hard or he was being very dramatic.

"excuse us," she said, shaking her head as she looked down at jahseh. "he forgets how to act from time to time."

he smirked, from where he laid down dramatically on the floor, and then got up, standing behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"momma, we're having a baby." he announced happily, making cleo snap her head at us and myself snap my head at him.

"no we're not," i clarified, looking at him like he was crazy. "i don't even know what he's talking about."

she raised an eyebrow, shaking her head at jahseh before she spoke. "not yet, jahseh."

he sighed, shrugging his shoulders before sitting down on a stool at the island table. "i think i'd make a good dad."

i eyed him, and then laughed quietly, before shaking my head. "that's not the point, the point is we're not having a baby any time soon."

cleo looked over at me, and smiled, nodding her head. "i like her, she has some common sense." she said, looking over at jahseh, who just rolled his eyes.

"yeah yeah, just wait," he said, smirking at his mother, who shook her head, but didn't speak, and instead just looked over at him.

"i'm giving her a baby."

~