YOU WON'T DISAPPOINT ME

i glanced up at jahseh as he held the pill bottle in front of me, without speaking any words or making any movements, and i sat still, with a straight face

"ary, just take the medicine." he sighed, and i continued to glare at him, crossing my arms.

"i don't want to." i said, flatly, staring at the small orange pill bottle before looking back up at him, with the same straight face.

"i didn't ask." he said blankly, and i huffed, knowing this was an argument i'd never win, before snatching the pill bottle out of his hand and opening it.

he sighed, walking out of the room, while i stared into the bottle at the many little pills that sat inside of it, shifting and falling over each other as i tilted the bottle over.

i rolled my eyes before pulling one out and popping it in my mouth, dry swallowing it before closing the pill bottle and placing it on the nightstand beside he bed.

just as soon as i'd done that, jahseh came into the room with a cup and passed it to me, and i glanced into it to see water inside, before i took a few sips of it and then handed it back to him.

"you really mad at me cause i made you take your meds?" he asked, with an amused smirk on his face, and i just stared at him with an unchanging facial expression before looking away, down at my phone.

he let out a laugh, while made me huff in frustration, because i didn't find anything funny whatsoever.

the last time i'd taken the medicine, it brought peace and silence to me, which i was grateful for, yet at the same time still not used to and a bit uncomfortable by.

but i feared that if i took it again, now that i had peace and silence, it would reverse the affects and bring them back, just like it'd done when i was 14.

he exited the room and returned back seconds later, laying himself down on the bed and pulling me back with him, so that i laid on top of him, which made me let out an annoyed grunt.

"let go of me." i mumbled, and he shook his head, pulling me closer to him and keeping his arms tightly around my waist, which made me roll my eyes.

"i love you." he said, placing a million little pecks all over my face, and his words and actions made me blush, though i wanted to stay mad at him.

i couldn't, though, and i knew i wouldn't be able to either. how could anyone?

"i love you too." i said lowly, sitting myself up so i sat on his lap and looked down at his body, which still laid on the bed.

"when are we gonna tell my mom that i was right?" he asked, with a smirk on his face, and i rolled my eyes at his words before responding.

"i don't know," i started, gently tracing his chest tattoo. "let's wait, cause it's still early and i don't want anything to happen and for anyone to be disappointed."

he was watching me, and i felt it, though i tried not to look back at him or react, and i started to lift myself off of his lap, only for him to hold me still.

"you think you'll lose the baby or something?" he asked, and the words brought a feeling to me that i couldn't explain or express, though i knew i didn't like it.

i shrugged, continuing to stare down at his chest and distract myself by intently looking at his VR tattoo, only for him to cup my face and turn it towards him, so i was forced to face him.

"ary.." he trailed, and i furrowed my eyebrows before freeing my face from his hold.

"i can never have good things, ever," i said lowly, once again breaking my gaze from him and now looking at my hands and fiddling with my fingers.

"i don't wanna have this end up bad, like everything else has."

he let out a sigh, before starting to sit himself up, so i now straddled his lap, and i pulled myself off of him, sitting myself beside him and continuing to fiddle with my fingers.

i felt an indescribable emotion fill me, making my chest feel tight and a lump form in my throat, and i let out a slight sigh, before speaking again, knowing he was at a loss for words and something needed to be said.

"it's okay, i'm gonna be careful and do everything i can do so that nothing bad happens, i just don't want to disappoint anyone so early." i told him, and without speaking he pulled me into his chest, gently rubbing my shoulder.

"it's okay," he said gently, his low and raspy voice making my heart flutter gently, while i felt the vibrations on his chest from where my head laid.

"no matter what happens, you won't disappoint me."

~