ONE

a/n 
before i get into this story i would just like to start by saying hello, if i've got some old fans here welcome back. i am back and better than ever? maybe? read the story and lmk. 

but i am in no way shape or form a writer, i love writing and i do a lot of it but i really i just wrote this whole story zooted. i would pop xans or smoke shit and then write this because i was so creative then but if this is shit that's why. 

i miss gus </3 

V I X E N
(age 22)
april 16, 2017
9:32 pm

i light my cigarette as i hang out the window of the apartment i shared with my friend Esha.

she snaps a picture on the disposable camera and then goes to my iphone to shoot more photos from my instagram.

i was a student at FIT, i was finishing my last year for my majors but i gained a following on instagram because of my fashion. i loved what i did and i was glad i decided to do what i wanted and not what my parents wanted for me even if it meant i became independent at 17 when i graduated early.

"these are cute," she hands me my phone back as we change spots.

"oh i love these," i smile as i swipe through the photos.

"okay!!! my turn!!!" she starts to pose as i smirk and take photos.

wake up by fetty wap was playing in the background. the song was kind of an inside joke because esha and i threw a party last year. It was a good turnout but this song played right at the climax of the party before we both got too fucked to remember what happened next.

i hand her phone back after snapping a handful of photos.

"these are perfect," we walk back inside the apartment from the fire escape.

we sit on the couch letting the music play as we talk and edit the photos.

"i don't know what the description should be," i speak up as i sit in the post editor for instagram.

"can i get five more minutes?" she quotes the song.

i laugh.

"genius," i type it out and post it up.

the likes start to flood in from my loyal fans.

i don't really think too much into instagram, as much as i loved the fame, the flex of having 139k, i just felt like life was too revolved around having social media to get closure from at all times. i didn't need to see everyone else flex their rich lifestyles when i was just getting by and making ends meet working two jobs with long hours and attending class everyday.

it overall made me depressed but i think that was because i was older, i didn't see the hype around it all.

"are you working tomorrow?" esha asks as she looks back towards her phone.

"nope. i worked earlier today. are you? you were bartending today," i look towards her as she flashes me the photo she edited.

i nod my head at the complimentary editing she had done that was close to unnoticeable but it did make her body look better and the image match her aesthetic.

"nope, i was asking because maybe we could go out tomorrow," i shrugged my shoulders.

"we haven't been out in forever, i am down," she smiles at me as she squeals.

"perfect! we are clubbing tomorrow," i giggle as she dances around a little on the couch.

i change the song to trippie redd. it takes time blasts through the speakers as we sing along to it.