FORTY-SEVEN

V I X E N ~ october 7th, 2017

we had today off, and we were in fresno. so it told me i should go visit my mom. 

everyone really wanted to come, since i didn't want to go alone i let esha and bexey tag along with gus and i to go meet her. 

we got in an uber and started to take the drive about 12 minutes to go to the rehab center. the told us the name had changed to MyTime Recovery in the email response back to me when i scheduled to meet my mother today at 1:30. 

we had got there faster than i wanted to but i stepped out of the car regardless not taking the time to collect myself. 

i grabbed gus' hand instantly. 

esha was laughing. 

"i know it's funny but i actually haven't seen my mother in years," i look at the building in front of us. 

it was a nice place. it seemed like they tried to keep it nice for their patients.

gus was the first to start walking towards the door dragging me along with him, esha and bexey lingered close behind. 

he opened the door for esha and bexey but stopped me from going in. 

"are you sure you want to see your mom? you see very out of it," he pulls me into him.

i shrug my shoulders. 

"i haven't seen her in awhile, she hasn't heard of or seen me in years. i might as well see her one last time before i cut her out of my life," he nods his head and lets me go in. 

he follows grabbing my hand instantly when the opportunity is there. 

we get name tags and are brought into the main ward area of the rehab center. 

we took a seat on the bench they told us to wait on. 

a few minutes later, two men are carrying out the lady who i was birthed from. she looked different, not a good type of different though. she looked worse than how she typically did and she never really looked good when i saw her. 

they bring her to another room and a few seconds later a nurse walks out. 

"considering your mothers history, we have some very strict rules," the nurse comes out and sits in front of us at the seat i thought my mother was going to sit in. 

"you can just call her rachel," i respond. 

"okay, well considering rachel's situation," she looks at us. 

"i am going to have to ask for all of your phones, they will be right in the front with that attendant," she holds out a basket and we drop all four of our phones in. 

"next, do you guys have illegal substances on you?" she checks something off on a sheet. 

i look at gus. 

"no ma'am," he says to her. 

i am surprised to say the least. 

"they're going to search you guys before you go in but now would be the best time to hand them off, especially prescriptions, they will take and throw them out if you have them during the body search but i will just take them and leave them up front it's not my concern," she looks towards gus like she did prior research on the kid. 

we all act like we are checking for anything to make gus feel like he wasn't being judged based off of appearance but we all knew that gus would be the only one with substance on him. 

he takes out a bag of weed and places it in the box. he then drops in two bags of backwoods into the basket as well with our phones. 

"ok," she checks another thing off.