THIRTY-TWO

V I X E N ~ july 4, 2017

gus and i had flown back to new york early this morning, it was now noon time and we were heading over to gus' moms house. his brother and grandpa were going to be there so he really wanted to go and he really wanted me to come. 

i was dressed in a tank that was kind of purple toned because of the colors i washed it with in the wash. i had purple gingham pants that came in at the bottom closer to my ankle. i had a purple blazer over with some bulkier golden cuban links that had diamonds, probably fake, across them. gus' name hung perfectly below them on my neck. 

for the fourth of july, i wasn't really dressed for the occasion but gus was in all pink so i didn't think it mattered much

we got to his mom's house, it smelt amazing the moment we stepped inside. everyone warmly greeted us, the first time i met his mom and pack ack it was very rushed, we had places to go soon after and gus was high off a xan.

this time he was sober and it was more laid back. 

"you look gorgeous," his mom says hugging me, i return the hug not used to such a nice family. 

"thank you, it smells amazing. i feel terrible i didn't bring anything, do you need any help in the kitchen?" she smiles at me. 

"No just enjoy we are happy to have you here," i wander toward gus and pack ack for a bit at the grill because i don't really know my place and the family was so different from what i had known. 

i ended up finding my way into the kitchen alongside his mother a few minutes later. she was the only one there i felt bad. 

"I feel terrible that you're helping me sweetheart," she says as i put some potatoes in the oven. 

"it's fine, i love cooking. you can ask gus i've been trying to make meals every chance i get!" i smile at her. 

"I am so glad, gus needed that, i was worried about him and his ex didn't care nearly as much," she looks at me with concern in her eyes. 

"i think he's getting a little better, he takes less," i narrow my eyes in on gus who is laughing outside with his grandpa. 

"this is the happiest he has been in awhile," his mother smiles joining me with her hands at my side. 

"i am glad," i nod my head and continue to help her with some salad. 

after an hour everything is set on the table and we all sit down. 

we grab food on our plates, i am sitting next to gus, pack ack is at the head of the table and across from us is his mother and brother Oskar. 

"tell us about your family," gus' mother says suddenly at the table. 

gus' grandpa nods his head looking towards me. 

"you don't have to if you don't want to," gus whispers to me.