'CHAPTER: 5'

Mahir's pov

I put on my white shirt and black dress pants that I packed for this charity ball I've been invited to. I button my shirt, leaving the top button open and put a tie around my neck. I leave my hair in the quiff and head out of the room.

From the past two days I'm leaving in one of my pent house. Almost in every country I have my own penthouse for travelling purpose. It's not like there are no luxurious hotel in the city but I prefer my own place for relaxation, plus I have my own small office in each penthouse.

The charity ball is being hosted by the Simpsons enterprises, owned by one of my business partner. After thinking  about it for a long time, whether to go or not, I decided to go. After all I donated a hell lot of money for it.

The black R8 is waiting for me at the entrance, I step out of my door. Nathan, my bodyguard was standing beside the car.

"Good evening, Sir." He greeted me and opened the door to which I just nodded. Don't ask me why, it's just the way I am.

After sliding inside the car I was greeted by my driver, Leo. Nodding at him I pulled out my phone as Nathan settled in the passenger sit and the car drove off. I check my mails, there is one mail from my assistant saying that she had made an appointment with Xavier, my best friend on this Saturday at afternoon. Xavier is my best friend and one of the share holder of my company. I reply to her and then shut my phone. There's a feeling inside me telling something is going to happen today but as always I brushed it off and looked out of the window enjoying the lights and busy street of London.

"Sir, we are here." Leo says after few mins of the car ride and I nod at him. Nathan gets out of the car and walks around to open the door for me. As I get out of the car, camera started to flash making me blind for a second. I waved at them and made my way inside the hall.
I hate paparazzi.

Mr Simpson welcomes me with his friendly hug. His wife also hug me and I simply nodded at her.

"Welcome, Mr Alfonsi" they both greeted.

"Am I late?" I ask, even though I don't care if I'm late.

"No No, it's just started." Mr Simpson says. I just nodded mutely.

"Please, come this way." He leads the way to the stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I hope everyone is enjoying. To make this night more special I would like to introduce to you all, our special guest tonight, Mr Mahir Alfonsi."  A man says. People cheer for me and I just waved at them.

I look around the different kind of people in the crowd. Few couples are making out and few are dancing while others are being business man. My eyes catches the glimpses of a female retreating figure. A man was running behind her but stops by another man. His back was facing me but I can recognise him. He's Jack Grayson.

I need to follow him. If he's here that means she's here too. I need to find her.
Dismissing myself, I strode my ways outside but found no one. Guards were standing there but there's was no sign of Jack or that woman. I was going inside the hall when I heard the familiar cry. I followed the voice, my hearts drop seeing the scene infront of me. She was there crying in her brother's chest. Her hair was falling infront of her eyes, covering her beautiful face. She was wearing off shoulder burgundy dress. She's looking breathtaking in this outfit.

Trust me I didn't know anything about women's clothing but when it comes to this woman, I'm dead.

He was hugging her tightly, caressing her hair and she was crying.

Wait. Why's she crying? Did someone hurt her? Or did she saw me? But why is she crying seeing me.

"What you expect from her, to smile at you, who broke her heart" My subconscious mind snapped at me and I literally rolled my eyes.

Her crying face pained me in million ways. I'm the reason behind those tears. I'm the reason behind her broken heart. I'm the reason she's in pain. It's all my fault. I let my anger destroy our relationship.

"What about Mike?" She asked making me come out of my thoughts. I badly wanted to hug her, comfort her but my one mistake snatched everything from me.

"I will inform him later" Jack said caressing her face and she nodded. They were about to get inside the car when I gathered my voice and called her.

"Bella" I was unsure of her reaction. She turned and my eyes met her. She was shocked to see me. Jack was there clenching his fist but my eyes are just on her. She's still beautiful.

She looked away from me turned to leave when I again called her.

"Princess" I called once again and strode my ways towards her when Jack hide her behind himself.

"Don't you dare" He threatened but I just busy in staring at her. I wanted to hug her, kiss her and to tell her how stupid I was but nothing came out of my mouth. Suddenly her facial expression changed into fear and she rushed towards the car and drove away. She's gone.

She's gone.

I was left there looking at the door. She didn't say anything but left. She hates me. She fucking hates me and why wouldn't? I broke her heart. I broke her trust.
I broke her.

A sharp pain hit my jaw driving me back to Earth. It was Jack. He punched me.

"Why the hell you come back?" He asked, his voice was dangerous. What I'm going to tell him? That I realized my mistakes and I come to apologise to her?

"Tell me why you are here?" He asked again punching in my stomach and I fell on the floor. I didn't mind fighting back because I know I deserve it.

He keep punching me for about five mins until he get tired and layed beside me. My head is bleeding but it didn't hurt. My lips is bleeding badly but it didn't hurt. My heart aches seeing her crying and it's hurts so fucking bad. It's hurts.

"Why?" He asked, his voice was tired of beating me. Though he ask again but I know this time he want another answers.

"I was blinded with my anger and jealousy that I didn't know I hurt the most important person of my life. My mind stopped working when I saw that. I know I grave a huge mistake but I'm not going to sit here and watch her suffering though I'm the reason behind her tears I will still keep asking her forgiveness. I know she hates me for what I had done in the past but I will beg her to forgive me because I'm still madly in love with her. " I said with heavy breathing.

"I didn't stop loving her."

__________________________

Poor Mahir. I feel bad for him 😢

Is anyone here who's feeling bad for him?

Well suggest some idea for him.