Wayne Enterprises Board Meeting

-FIRST PART! It's take me a couple parts to properly find my footing in this book, but I assure you, I;m doing my best-

-also, thanks to @WallyandDick For the mad amounts of support you gave when my last book ended-

"Okay, Dick, stay put here, I'll check on you at four." Bruce pointed to the clock. "You can just sit out here, only knock on the door if it's a real emergency, okay?"

"Okay!" Dick unzipped his backpack, removing his math workbook. 

Bruce had a big meeting, and Alfred and Barbra were busy and couldn't watch Dick. The had only come to live with Bruce a little over a month ago, and hadn't been to any of the Wayne Enterprises buildings.

"But you will knock if there is an emergency." Bruce ensured. 

"Yea." Dick agreed, flipping through pages. 

"Okay, Dickie, I'm running late. I'll come out and check on you soon."

"Okay!" He smiled up at Bruce and started on his homework.

Dick liked math. It was the same in every language, which made it easy for him to understand; unlike English and History. He had just started school with an IEP, and the teacher's were blown away by his knowlage of math (and nothing else). 

He worked on the last question on the page, finishing and setting down his pencil. He stretched, and checked the clock. The small hand was still pointing at the three. 

Dick was sitting  by the stairs outside the conference room. He ditched his completed work and stood up, leaning over the banister. He was three stories up. He could fall. He backed away, tripping over his pencil. He caught himself, but watched the pencil fall three stories to the ground. That was his only pencil. He glanced at the door.

Bruce wouldn't mind if he went down to get it, right?

Clutching the railing, he hopped down the stairs. He landed on the ground floor and began scavenging around the stairs for his pencil.

The stairwell door opened behind him. "What are you doing?"

Dick turned to face the voice, a tall man in a bomber jacket and  holster belt. He didn't like the feeling he got from the man. Still, Bruce was always told him to be polite. "Hi."

"What are you doing in here? You know need a security pass to get in here, kid."

Dick didn't know what to say. Bruce said he couldn't get a security pass until he turned twelve. "I'm with Bruce."

"Bruce?"

"Yeah."

"Bruce Wayne?" The guy asked, laughing a little. 

"Yeah." Dick watched the guy hestitently. This situation was VERY stranger danger.

"You came here with Bruce Wayne?" He repeated in disbelief. "You came here with the owner of the company, didya?"

Dick nodded shyly. "Uh huh."

"You, REALLY expect me to beleive that you were invited into this privetly owned building by one of the richest men in the city?"

"He did!" Dick defended. "I doing homework while he's working."

"You want Me to believe that Bruce Wayne invited some little kid who can't even speak English to snoop around and steal things? Is that what you want me to believe?" He bent over to Dick's height, speaking in a condescending voice. "Is that what you want me to believe?" He repeated.

"I'm here with Bruce." Was all Dick could think to say. He didn't steal! He'd been accused, sure, but he didn't steal! He wanted Bruce. "He's okay with me! He brung me in here!"

"Okay then, squirt, let's go see him." The guy grabbed the shoulder of Dick's sweatshirt, yanking him to the stairs. "Let's go see Brucie, ask him if he let a stupid little kid into his company."

"No- No, NO!" Dick shouted, tugging himself back. "No! We can't?"

"Why not?" The man asked at him, sneering.

"He's busy!" Dick was NOT letting this man grab him.

"I'm sure he'll be glad to see you if you two really know each other."

Dick protested as the man grabbed his sweater, dragging him up the stairs. They stopped on the third floor. 

"Bruce is working there!" Dick exclaimed. "We can't go in!"

The man gripped his arm and strode towards the door, stepping on Dick's homework. He rapped on the door. There were a few seconds. He knocked again. This time, someone opened the door. 

"Hi, Mr. Wayne?"

There was a heavy sigh. "We're  in the middle of a meeting, Can I help you?"

"Yes, I found a little straggler outside, he claimes to know you." He pulled the child into the room after him. Dick's eyes were huge with fear.

Bruce nodded and sighed. "What's you're name?"

"He won't tell me."

"Not him. You. I don't think I've seen you around here."

"I'm Mack." The security officer smirked. "I'm a new hire."

"Well, Mack. That is my Ward, Dick Grayson, He was doing his homework outside during our very important meeting, here."

"He was on the stairs when I found him." Mack shook his head in disbelief, gripping Dick's arm tighter.

"Ow!" Dick exclaimed. Bruce was there in a second, pulling the boy away from this new hire

"Are you okay?"

"I said I was with you! He didn't believe!" Dick wrapped his arm's around Bruce's leg. "He said I lied!"

"Okay, Dickie, it's okay." Bruce, kept his ward safe behind him. "So, Mack, we're in the middle of a very important conference. Would you mind telling me what officer you work under? I'll be calling him up after all this is done..."

Dick never got his pencil back, but he did get ice cream as soon as the meeting was over. Bruce took him across the street and gave him a kid's cone and direct orders not to tell Alfred about it.