EYES (AU)

-This is an AU, requested by the fabulous @storm-of-imagination  where Dick's eyes.... well... you'll see.-

Dick wasn't in a good mood. Some asshole at school four an old photo of him on google images, and was clowning on him because he used to leap around colourful spandex. This asshole (Obviously) didn't know that at night, Dick still jumped around in clourful spandex.

That wasn't even the worst thing to happen to him. The teacher asked for homework Dick could swear he'd never heard of in his life. He had an english quiz, where other students would e grading their tests. He a 26% and could feel the girl who graded it judging him.

He forgot his lunch in the car that morning, and didn't have his wallet handy to buy food. He had to borrow two bucks for the vending machine from Barbra, He hated borrowing money.

It was pouring rain and they still had to do outside for the twelve minute run. Dick's shoes and socks were soaked for the rest of the day, and he started getting blisters.

The library was closed during his study period, so he couldn't get his online PDF work finished.

It was a bad day. The rain had caused minor floorling on the main roads, so Dick had to wait out in the storm even longer.

In short, a bad day. Dick was sitting in the backseat, glaring at the back of the passenger seat. He felt anger rising in his chest, he wanted to pound his matress, or destroy another punching bag.

The reflection in the window next to him was almost useable behind the blinding yellow glare shining from his eyes. He quickly covered his eyes with his hands, trying to calm himself with slow breathing.

"Hey, Dickie, how was school?" Bruce asked as the kid slmped into the manor, soaking wet.

Dick looked the other way, he didn't want Bruce to see how angry he was. "Fine."

"...Are you sure?" The man tried to get a better look at his boy.

"I am fine."

Dick was articulating, that was a bad sign. Bruce cautiously reached out to put a hand on the boys shoulder. "Dick-"

"JESUS- I'm just, TIRED." Dick spun on his heel, facing his foster father. Bruce pulled his arm back. Dick's clear, blue, eyes had a harsh yellow glare coming from his retnas.  Dick closed his eyes hard, breathing heavily, yellow light projected on his eyelids. As he calmed himself, the light dimmed. "Sorry, I just... Ugh. Bad day."

Bruce reached out again and rested it on Dick's shoulder. "Dick, your eyes are-"

"Yeah, I noticed!"

"Did anyone at school see?" Bruce asked, concerned. Gotham wasn't too keep on metas, hell, neither was he. They didn't really know if Dick was a meta, from what he could tell, it was just a genetic mutation. When he got mad, his eyes just...glew. Think of how cat and dog eyes reflect light to help them see at night. When Dick got angry, his eyes put reflect light like crazy.

"I don't think so? No one said anything..." The boy frowned, his eyes slowly dimming.

"Well," His foster father sighed. "As soon as I'm done your new contact lenses, we won't have to worry about that."

Dick nodded a little, crossing his fingers and hoping no one had seen his eyes bugging out. "I'm gonna take a shower, it's kinda damp out there."

"Okay, now lets try to have a nice calm evening."

Dick smiled, kicking off his shoes and running upstairs. "I'll try."

-Yes, I changed my Username. I needed something more gender neutral-