I'm Actually a Boy (Transgender AU)

-Thanks to TheSamonShiper for the awesome request! This was a blast to write, and Part two is coming soon!-

Ages:

Damian - 19

Tim - 16

Jason - 14

Dick - 10

This was it, he was going to tell someone. It felt like his lungs were on fire, but his stomach was trembling like crazy. He couldn't stand whenever Bruce introduced him as his daughter. He couldn't stand being everyone's little sister. It wasn't him.

What if they were angry? Or disgusted? He was ten and no one would believe that he knew his own gender. 

He hoped they'd respect him. He even had a name picked out! His mother always said that if he was a boy, he'd be named Richard. Instead he got stuck with the name Roxanne, the name that he'd hated all his life. It was awesome if you're in a production of Chicago, trash for a boy who grew up being called Roxanne.

"Hey, guys..." He muttered, entering the living room. 

"What's up, Roxie?"

"Uh, yeah." He choked a little. Why did Bruce have to call him that? It only made this so much harder. "I mean, no." He cursed him out. "So you know how Barbra and I are the girls  in our little clan... Well, that's not true. She's actually the only one." They stared at him blankly. "Cause I'm not actually a girl?" He squeaked, the pressure and confusion crushing him.

"pardon?"

"Like, obviously I AM a girl, but I'm not. I've never really felt like I'm a girl. I've always felt like I want to be a boy, but I'm not." He fumbled. This was very uncomfortable, and he wasn't sure how to explain himself. "Like, being a girl always hurts me." He tried desperately, almost crying. He just knew they weren't going to take him seriously.

"So you, like... wanna try being a boy?" Tim asked, unsure if he was hearing his little sister correctly.

He nodded, nearly crying. "yes."

"Do you want a different name?" Tim continued, he wasn't sure what to think until he had more information.

He nodded again. "Dick."

Jason snorted. "You have to ability so choose ANY name and you pick Dick?" He laughed. "It's a little on the nose, right guys?"

Bruce stood up silently and left the room. A few seconds later, Damian followed him.

"Mum wanted to name me Richard." He murmured, immediately making Jason feel like shit.

"Well, okay. Do you want us to start calling you Dick?" Tim asked, he got a shy nod. "Don't worry about Bruce, he just needs time to think. Someone will talk him down from it."

"What about Damian?"

"He's the one talking Bruce down." Tim said. "Oh, Alfred."

"Yes sir."

"Please refer to Ro-nope! Please refer to Dick by his preferred Name and pronouns for the time being." 

"Of course Mater Timothy," Alfred had seen this coming since he first discovered the youngest trying on Jason's school uniform. "Master Richard."

Dick squealed excitement. Tim got a good look at his little... brother? "Do you wanna cut your hair?" 

"Yeah!"

"This is perfect! Bruce buys me the LAMEST clothes. Now I have a little brother to get my dumb hand-me-downs!" Jason exclaimed. "Let's go get some!"

"YES!" Dick shouted, bounding up the stairs after him. "Thank you! Tim! Thank you Alfie!"