Braces

-Dick has a huge lisp here, so this involves a lot of Colloquialisms. let me help you out: W =*R sounds*, TH = *S sounds* got it? Good-

-The Dynamics here are inspired by the (criminally underrated) 2004 cartoon show, 'The Batman'. Bassically, Babs is like five years older than Dick and is just a massive troll-

"How does it feel?"

Dick held his swollen face. "Ow"

"As soon as we're home I'll get you some ibuprofen."

"Thankth." He lisped through the wire

Dick hadn't been to a dentist before coming to live with Bruce. So, after nearly monthly visits over a couple years, he'd finally been attatched to a set of huge braces. They HURT LIKE HELL.

It felt like he was in some sort of Two-Face torture trap. It hurt terribly and he couldn't even speak to expess how painful it was.

"Hey loser." Barbra said as he entered the living room. "Alfred said you and Bruce were out."

"Babth? What awe you doing hewe?"

"Alfie let me in. Why are you talking like that?"

"I got Bwatheth." 

"What?"

"Bwatheth." He opened his mouth, revealing the braces.

She laughed sharply, getting off the couch and approaching him. "Wait, wait, open your mouth. Lemme see!" He did. "Damn, that's nasty!"

"Yea, it huwtth."

"Oof, yeah. I perfer my invisiline." She snapped his mouth closed. "But hey, soon you'll have perfect teeth to match your perfect persona." 

"Thhut up!"

"Okay Goldie." She snorted. "Hey, say 'she sells sea shells by the sea shore'."

"No."

"Oh, come on!"

Dick sighed heavily. "The Thells Thea Thells by the thea thowe."

Barbra lost it, cupping her mouth with her hand. "Say Robin!"

"Wobin."

She thew her head back, laughing. "Oh, that's hilarious!"

"It'th not!" He argued. "Bwuthe thaid I'll thtart Talking nowmally soon."

"He does?" She chided, his lisp was killing her.

"Uh huh."

"What's his name again?"

"Bwuthe!"

She laughed, covering her mouth. "Bruce."

"Bwuthe." He confirmed. Theat's what he just said!

"Say it again." Barbra grinned.

"No! Thith ith thtupid!"

Barbra smirked. "It's stupid?"

"whatevew, I don't have time fow thith."

Barbra kept riling him up for a bit. This was hilarious!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bruce set down his phone for a second. There was something he'd forgotten...

Shoot! Dick's Ibuprofin!

He got up and statched the bottle from the medicine cabinet and hurried downstairs to the livingroom. Barbra was sitting on the couch, watching TV, while Dick sat on the floor next to her. Bruce was a little surprised that they were watching Barbra's favorite shows, more specifically, Dick wasn't complaining about it. He ALWAYS complained while watching her shows.

"What's going on in here?"

"Tv." The redhead answered.

"Okay. Dick, you're being very quiet, I've got your ibuprofin"

Barbra looked up. "Oh, Someone was being a little too sassy, so I took away his speaking privileges."

"Speaking privilages?" Bruce asked.

Dick answered by opening his mouth to show that his braces had been ziptied together in multiple places.

"See?"

"Barbra! Take those off!"

"FINE." She rolled her eyes, getting a pair of scissors. "That golden silince was good while it lasted." She held his face put with one hand, cutting the ties with the other. "Stay still."

Dick tried, he hated having scissors in his mouth. He waited until she was done. "Jewk." He pouted.

"Hey, none of that." Bruce scolded, shaking a single blue pill into the boys hand. "Now, stay put and I'll get you some water for that." He started to leave.

"Wait, aren't you wondering why I'm here?" Barbra asked.

Bruce turned to her. "Barbra, you're always here."