Inconvenient at Best

-In this, Dick is 8, and Selina doesn't know him.-

"Look!" 

"Very cool, Dickie." His foster father responded, patting the kid on the head. Looking pleased, Dick hurried out. Bruce turned back across the table without acknowledging what just happened. "What were you saying?"

Selina sighed. "I said: It's been three months since you chose to foster the kid, and I've only seen  you once."

It was Bruce's turn to sigh at her now. "I don't have time for that right now. I have work, and league stuff, and I can't leave Dick alone all day."

"Yeah, those are all sounding like excuses from where I'm sitting."

"Well they're genuine excuses, Selina. He lost his parents three months ago!"

"Look Bruce, I like him too, the kids cute. Just..." She stood up. "hit me up when he can be left alone for one day." 

"Don't do this, I know I can't just ignore him."

"and you know that I can't fuck a guy who's kid is in the next room."

Bruce shushed her, Dick was literally in the next room. "Hey-"

"I rest my case."

Bruce was about to plead with her further, but there was a buzz from his pocket. She was already leaving when he read the notification. He swore under his breath, running forwards and grabbing her wrist. "Selina..."

"Bruce-" But he cut her off.

"I'm needed urgently the watch tower and Alfred isn't available. Can you please do something for me? I need someone to watch Richard for a few hours."

"No."

"Please, I'll pay you somehow, just do this one time. Please?" He tried to gauge her reaction. At first the woman was furious and then a realization, and devilish smirk, grew across his face. 

"Just for a few hours? Okay." She smirked. "I already have a payment in mind." She leaned forwards against him.

"Jesus- not now." He backed away. "I'll make you a list of instructions, I'm just going to tell Dick I'm leaving."

She  sat down at the end of the heavy wooden table and waited for him to return. She couldn't believe she'd agreed. Was one day with her man worth one day dealing with his kid? Probably not.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jesus, Bruce had a lot of rules about watching his kid. He'd only known the boy three months, and he had like, eighty rules about watching him. No sugar? He was eight, sugar was the only thing he wanted. Don't let him climb anything? How high up could a kid that short get? Don't ask about his parents? How fucking stupid did he think she was?

As soon as Bruce had left, the kid had come into the dining room where Selina was. She moved to the living room, and he followed. She was now in the kitchen, sitting on the counter while he lay on the floor and drew. There was no where she could be alone in this place!

Yes, the kid was adorable, but after fighting with Bruce (Being equally passive aggressive until somebody leaves), she wasn't much in the mood. 

Eventually, she ran out of things to skim through on her phone. She leaned over the end of the counter and watched Dick colour his drawing with a black marker. "What're you drawing?"

Dick looked up, and shyly showed her the picture. "Kitty."

"Do you like kitties?" Dick nodded, going back to his drawing. Well, Selina thought, That's something. "Do you want to see pictures of my Kitties?"