15: Tiesha And The Family Conflict I

It was midday.

Tiesha looked at the sky. The sun was shining bright, the sky w– "Fuck shit, Kiesha gon die if I don't get there on time." She muttered to herself.

She was driving over to Lowe's with baby Kofi sighing as she glanced at Kofi who nibbled on his rubber toy. "Don't eat the toy, baby."

He didn't reply to her as he chewed harder on it. Tiesha smiled slightly acknowledging It was a good thing she disinfected them earlier. When she got to the gates of Lowe's mansion, she stepped on the brake pad and waited for a voice to speak. "Name?" The voice asked over the speaker.

"MoTiesha."

She rolled her eyes as the camera zoomed in on her face. "Sorry Ma'am," the gates opened and she drove in. She took Kofi and made her way into the house.

The bodyguards and servants bowed their heads as she walked in on the gold and black interior decorations that welcomed her. Lowe was sitting in a chair, blunt in his mouth and counting money. He looked up and saw Tiesha then winked at her before he continued counting. She sat down and made herself comfortable. "Ain't complete." He threw the money at the man beside him.

"Bossman, please."

"Ya owe me fifty grand Sam, ya fucking drop twenty. If I let every nigga, niggress, and nigglet owing me money get away with shit like this, Imma be broke."

"I'll pay, I just need more time." The man called Sam begged.

"Twenty-four hours or ya lose ya head."

"Thank you."

The man packed the money then glanced at Tiesha and left. "How are you?" She asked her cousin.

"Not good." He replied.

"What's wrong?"

He switched on the TV and increased the volume. "–The famous fruit factory, KR Fruits has been put under lockdown for investigation. An illegal tobacco farm was found at the back of the fruit factory at 4 pm on Thursday. The owner of KR Fruits, Mr. Lowe Kona-Reys has denied all allegations claiming he had no idea about the farm. The government has–"

"You growing weed at the factory?"

"I got snitched." He replied.

"How you gon cover this up?"

"Already working on it, it gon die down inna few days."

"Mr. Kona-Reys is a huge suspect in the trade of illegal drugs, oil looting, traffic of weapons, and fraud. He has also denied all these allegations claiming his money is clean. No concrete evidence has been found against him. The commissioner of police–"

"Lowe..." Tiesha groaned.

"I know mami, imma be more careful." He said and rubbed his face.

"You eaten?" She asked.

He nodded and sighed in frustration. "How's Keisha?"

"Room."

"She's leaving tomorrow," Tiesha said.

"Yeah, I got her things packed."