60: Epilogue

Tiesha was happy.

She was seven months pregnant and today was her daughter's fifth birthday.

It was a sunny Thursday afternoon.

Her daughter's birthday wish had been to spend the day with her family at the amusement park.

Esther didn't want a big birthday party, just family so MoTiesha had planned a surprise party for her.

Everyone was at the park waiting for her.

Daquan was bouncing on his toes, waiting eagerly for her. He had been planning his present for her for more than two months.

Tiesha dialed her husband's number.

Ky'Mon looked at his phone and winced before picking the call.

"Lil mama, I'm almost there", he said before she could get a word in.

"Over one hour now!. Just pick her up from school and bring her here but no!, you ha-", Ky'Mon sighed as he tuned out her voice.

The problem with women is they talk too much when angry.

"Calm down baby, you know the twins don't want their mama overstressing".

"That is on their daddy!. Stressing me unnecessarily".

Ky'Mon rolled his eyes.
"Just relax, I'm at her school gate, she g-. There she is. Hey Princess, happy birthday", he said as he got out of the car, spotting her immediately.

"Daddy!", Tiesha heard in the background as Esther hugged Ky'Mon like her life depended on it".

"Your mama's home waiting to celebrate with you", Ky'Mon gave her the phone.

"Hi mommy", she said into the phone.

"Hi Honey, Happy birthday".

Esther giggled.
"You said that this morning buuuuut thank you. We're coming home now so i can get my gifts, byeeeee".

She gave the phone to Ky'Mon who pocketed it as they made their way into the car.

Her bodyguards in another car.

Tiesha rubbed her temples.
"Auntie, where is Es?", Daquan tugged at her dress.

"She's on her way, sweetie".

"Stop asking so many damn questions, this is why your mama don't answer ya sometimes", Lowe said to Daquan as he made his way to an ice-cream truck, Daquan following closely behind.

"You don't mind your business, this is why mama don't give you food", Daquan muttered under his breath.

Lowe paused making Daquan stop in his tracks too.

He glared at the little boy who was slowing backing away one step at a time.

Daquan kept his eyes on his father as he retreated backwards ready to run.

Lowe raised a finger in the air.

"Strike one", he said then turned around to walk away.

Daquan sighed in relief as he trotted after his father.

Back in the car, Esther sang and clapped her hands cheerfully as Ky'Mon drove.

"For she's a jolly good fellow and so-. Daddy, what's the rest?", she looked up at him.

Ky'Mon chuckled and looked at her before looking back at the road.
"Ion know, princess".

Esther frowned then her eyes widened then she pointed.
"Daddy!".