2: The Encounter

Rajkumar Arjun stood in the balcony in his palace, enjoying the sunrise

It was early in the morning and the grand city of Indraprasth was yet to wake up.

The twenty two year old had recently returned home from gurukul with his brothers and was already feeling suffocated by the luxeries of the palace.
He has been living in nature and that is where he feels at home.

He decided to explore the forest near Indraprasth. He would get sometime to clear his mind before his mata woke up and bombarded him with marriage proposals.

It was a beautiful forest. A bit mystical. A bit enchanting. The fragrance of flowers and the chirping of birds comforted him. Tall trees blocking the sunlight, making the ground beneath him moist and damp.

As he took a stroll in the forest, a net fell on him, trapping him. He tried to free himself but ended up getting more tangled. He didn't have a knife or any blade to free himself.

"Oh, I'm sorry, the trap wasn't meant for you", a feminine voice said. He turned his head to look at this woman.

All his irritation dissapeared as he saw a heavenly beauty walk towards him. She pulled out a knife and cut the net, freeing him, as he stared at her curiously.

He observed her closely. Beautiful dusky skin, soft brown eyes, full lips, long hair braided loosely and a fragrance of blue lotus.

A tap on the shoulder broke his thoughts.

"I asked you your name", the girl said annoyed.
"Uh- um Parth", he mumbled.

"Krishnaa",the girl introduced herself.

He was surprised that she maintained eye contact with him. Usually people, even those who don't know his identity felt intimidated by him.

This was the first time he felt intimidated by someone, that too a girl. 'Well, she was the one who trapped me and not the other way around', he told himself.

"Actually, I have to go", the girl said in a hurried voice and ran away before he could reply.

••••••••••••••••••••••••

That night, he lay on his bed replaying the short encounter he had with the girl.

Who was she? A Rajkumari? He doubted that. She wasn't extravagantly dressed and usually rajkumaris didn't go to the forests all alone.

And even if she was, his Mata would'nt miss the opportunity of introducing such a beautiful and bold rajkumari to him as his potential bride.

He sighed. His mother was adamant on getting him married to best possible rajkumari. He had met some of them but never took any liking in them.

He wasn't really interested in women. Well at least until today.

Krishnaa. Such a beautiful name. And an even more beautiful girl.

 And an even more beautiful girl