8: Giddy

"Bhratashree", Nakul called, entering Arjun's room but he didn't even acknowledge Nakul's presence

Annoyed, Nakul walked closer to him. "Bhrata-", he paused as he saw a faraway look in Arjun's eyes.
'Strange', he thought.
Bhrata Arjun never behaves like this. He is usually very attentive.

He then noticed a pair of silver earrings in his brother's hands. A women's earrings. He smirked. Who is this woman who had his stubborn brother's attention? She is definitely someone special and unique.

He was curious to know. Everyone had always assumed that he would be the one to find love sooner than the others. He smirked, thinking of a way to trouble his brother for a bit.
He cleared his throat, pulling Arjun out of his day dream. Nakul faked a shocked look.

"Bhrata, I didn't know that you were interested in women's ornaments. If you would have told me earlier I would have spoken to Mata regarding this", Nakul said dramatically. "It's still not to late. If you want I can get you some payals and kamarbandh........", he went on and on.

Arjun looked mortified at his words. He, and wear women's ornaments? Has Nakul lost his mind?
"What?"he croaked.
"Yes", Nakul continued. "I mean you are the one who is holding a pair of woman's earrings and admiring them."
Arjun looked at him in disbelief.
"And you assumed that I want to wear them?" Arjun stared at Nakul as if he is insane.
Nakul couldn't control it anymore and he burst out laughing as Arjun looked confused.
"Oh don't worry bhratashree, I was just teasing you".
Arjun glared at him. For a moment, he really thought Nakul would go and suggest something ridiculous to Mata.

"So who is this special lady?" Nakul questioned once he was done laughing. Arjun sighed dreamily and told him about Krishnaa. He told her about how they met. He told her about the way she looked. Her raven black hair, her brown eyes, her beautiful dusky skin.........he went on and on about her beauty, before he spoke about how they became friends right upto the moments at the temple.
Nakul was quite impressed. Who knew that his uptight brother would be the first one among them to find love.

"That's very romantic but have you confessed?"
"Confessed?" Arjun asked, confused. "Why is that needed? She already knows about my feelings."
They had already shared so many romantic moments, it was obvious. He never understood the need to confess love when it has already been expressed through actions.

Nakul facepalmed. "I take my words back, you are still hopeless when it comes to romance".
Arjun pouted.
"It is necessary for a man to confess to his woman. No one assumes love unless it has been professed. So yes, there is a need to confess", Nakul explained. His eyes then fell on a simple ring kept on the center table.

"This is hers as well?", he asked. Arjun nodded, smiling.
Nakul shook his head. "Well, you soon are going to have an impressive jewelry collection yourself", Nakul sighed. "Just confess to her. And it better be romantic".

"Nakul, um, about Krishnaa---"
"Don't worry bharat, your secret is safe with me. Now continue day dreaming".
Nakul left as Arjun just smiled foolishly, before realizing what he was supposed to do.

Confess? And that too romantically? How was he going to do that? What would she like? What would be romantic enough? Nakul's words had made him nervous.

What if she doesn't feel the same? Or doesn't love him as much as he does? It would be heartbreaking, he is already head over heels in love with her.

He discarded that thought immediately. 'She feels the same. I know she does,' he mentally chanted and began thinking of ways to tell her.
What would be the ideal location? Where should he tell her? At Indraprasth? Or In the forest?

And what in the world would make it romantic?

He flung himself on the bed helplessly. Nakul was right. He is really hopeless.