6: Indraprasth

Krishnaa and Parth were in each other's arms

Krishnaa and Parth were in each other's arms. They leaned back against a tree, his arms around her waist.

If anyone saw her like this, she would get judgmental looks for being so close and comfortable with a man who wasn't her husband but honestly, she didn't care.

"How is Indraprasth?",she asked, out of the blue.

Parth looked at her, a bit surprised. She had never asked such a question.

"Well first of all, it is very big, colorful and lively", he said. He continued to describe the grand city to her.

"I wish I could go there and see it for myself", she voiced her thoughts, once he was done.

"You can", Parth said, making Krishnaa look up at him in excitement. "I will take you tomorrow."
"Why tomorrow?", she asked. "I want to go today."
"Twenty five years back Maharaj Pandu and Maharani Kunti had built the kingdom", he explained. "There is a celebration tomorrow at Indraprasth."

"But how will I go in? Thet are very strict regarding outsiders", she questioned, curiously.

"Leave that upto me", Parth replied confidently.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Arjun met Krishnaa near the gates of Indraprasth, dressed as a commoner. She looked breathtaking in her orange lehenga and simple silver jewelry. He was so excited to spend this day with her.

His family had wanted him to celebrate this day with them, but he had managed to convince his Pitashri to let him spend the day the way he wants to.

He held Krishnaa's hand and together they headed towards the gate. The always alert guard stopped them at first, but humbly bowed his head as he recognized the rajkumar.

"Pranam Ra.....ah!",he cried out as Arjun stepped on his foot, signaling him to keep quiet.

Krishnaa gave him a confused look, but he shook his head and led her inside.

Indraprasth was beautifully decorated. Countless diyas and lanterns were lit everywhere, lively atmosphere and hundreds of colors.

Lot of shops were set up. Children were enjoying puppet shows and magic shows. A small stage had been set up for a play and beautiful music could be heard.

Krishnaa looked amazed and excited and before Arjun knew it, she had dissapeared somewhere.

He looked around confused.
'Where does she always disappear?', he wondered.
He finally found her in a jewelry shop, staring at all the gold ornaments.

"How much for these?", she asked, pointing at some gold bangles.

"8 gold coins", the man quoted.

She looked down sadly and was about to leave.
"Pack those", Arjun ordered, entering the shop. Krishnaa looked at him, telling him leave it, but he didn't pay any attention.
"And pack the best ornaments for her".

"Parth", she whispered to him, gripping his arm tightly. "I can't afford these".

"I am paying for those", he declared. "Accept it as a gift from a friend".

She raised an eyebrow. "Friend?", she questioned mischievously.

Arjun chuckled. "From someone more than a friend". He took all the ornaments and put them in a cloth bag.

Next, they went to a handicraft shop. "I will buy this for Bhrata Drishtdyumn, she said picking up a small ganesh idol. Her eyes fell on something. Arjun saw her staring at a wooden flute with a peacock feather at the edge.

"And this is for my sakha, Kanha ", she beamed.

Arjun couldn't help but smile at her excitement. And he couldn't wait to show her the beauty of the world.

 And he couldn't wait to show her the beauty of the world

***************************

Aren't they so cute?

Next chapter will come tonight