42: Forgiving

The next morning, Krishnaa woke up and sat on her bed for a while

The next morning, Krishnaa woke up and sat on her bed for a while. She had to go to the palace today. Pacify Parth and apologize to him.
But she was nervous. Would he even listen to her?She was already dreading seeing him.
'What if he is still upset with me? What if he doesn't even want to talk to me? What if---'
She stopped her thoughts. They had a fight, but that doesn't mean that they won't even talk to each other.

She got out of her bed and took her own sweet time getting ready. She wore a white and pale yellow color sari, with a matching veil covering the back of her head. Parth's favorite.
She carefully chose her ornaments for that day. She wore pearl necklace with a beaded pendant and matching earrings. She slipped her bangles on her wrist and a maangtika. She wore a simple but beautiful kamarbandh along with payals.

She even painted a white tika on her forehead, along with intricate patterns on her shoulders upto her collarbone. She applied kohl on her eyes and red tint to her lips.

Next she picked up mogra flowers, Parth's favorite flowers and weaved them into her hair.
She looked at herself in the mirror and was satisfied.
She would usually was never so particular about dressing up, but today was different. She wanted to look irresistible.

She looked down at the ring which Parth had given her and smiled. Today, he won't be able to ignore her. He won't be able to take his eyes off of her, even if he wants to.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Krishnaa entered the palace, nervously. Parth was so angry the previous evening, she wasn't sure if he had even calmed down or not.

Parth was with his brothers and parents. They were talking and laughing. Kunti saw Krishnaa and smiled.
"Come in putri", she said sweetly.

Arjun looked at Krishnaa, and his heart skipped a beat and his breath hitched. Krishnaa looked stunning.
She proceeded towards them slowly, looking at the ground and fidgeting with her odhni.

Kunti noticed Krishnaa and Arjun exchanging looks but didn't question it. If there is any problem between them, they should solve it on their own.
"Arjun, Krishnaa", she spoke, making them look up at her. "Why don't you two go to the drawing room and wait? I have to talk to you two."

Maharaj Pandu gave his wife a confused look, but she just shook her head.

Arjun glanced at Krishnaa side ways as they silently walked towards the room. The awkward silence between them was something he was unfamiliar with. However, he noticed Krishnaa giving him mischievous looks, knowing very well that she was irresistible today.
He was glad that his Mata gave them some time alone. Now he could finally talk to her.

He opened the doors of the room and Krishnaa stepped inside, looking around. This was the first time that she came to his room. Usually she was either in the treasury with Mata or in the garden with him.
She went straight to the balcony and sat on the swing, without uttering a word.

Arjun had understood that she was no longer angry at him, and he also understood that she was aware that he wasn't either.
But since this had been their first fight, neither of them knew how to start the conversation.

Arjun went and sat down beside her. He took her hand in his and started playing with her fingers, specifically her ring finger, adorned with his grandmother's ring. Krishnaa too, stared at their entwined fingers.

"Um", she started awkwardly. "Uh, about yesterday.......", she trailed off.
Arjun sighed. "I was wrong", he said, making Krishnaa look up at him in surprise.
"I should have understood", he continued, ignoring her shocked looks. "It was wrong of me to expect you to want to remember your past, when your trying to move forward in life."

Krishnaa shook her head, vigorously. "No, Parth", she spoke. "You aren't at fault. Whatever happened to me in the past......you deserve to know."

Arjun raised her hand upto his lips. He first kissed the back side of her palm, then the front. Then he proceeded to kiss each of her fingers one by one. He felt Krishnaa shudder, making him smirk slightly.

"So am I forgiven?", he asked. Krishnaa nodded.
"And I?", she questioned.
Arjun smiled and nodded. Krishnaa sighed in relief and leaned against his shoulder.

"I am sorry again", she whispered.
"For what?", he asked. "For keeping me in the dark or for arguing with me afterwards?"
"This sorry was for the argument", she clarified.
"Then there is no need to be sorry", he said. "Arguments are an integral part of a marriage. It's better to be prepared."

He then smirked, mischievously. "And you seemed to have perfected the way to pacify me", he continued, his eyes scanning her, as he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.
"Good", he said in a husky voice. "Will be very effective the next time we argue."

Krishnaa's face turned crimson. "Why do you assume that all arguments will be due to my fault", she asked with a raised eyebrow. "You yet don't know how to pacify me."

Arjun chuckled and buried his face in the crook of her neck, inhaling the lotus scent. "It won't be very difficult for me", he said confidently and kissed her bare shoulder.

"But seriously", she spoke again, making Arjun look up. "I promise that I won't hide anything from you."
Arjun was satisfied. "Good", he said. "We both should know everything about each other. Good or bad, big or small, past or present. No more secrets from each other."
Krishnaa nodded.
"And I will also promise, that I won't get angry at you or scold you without understanding your perspective", he promised.

Krishnaa smiled. "So we are good, now?", she asked.
"We are good", he confirmed.

They heard a knock on the door. "Come in", Arjun permitted.
The door opened and Mata Kunti stepped inside. She studied their faces with narrowed eyes and pursed her lips.
"Mata", Arjun said. "What work did you have with us?"

Kunti shook her head. "Is the problem solved between you two?"
"Mata, how did you......?"
"I am a mother", was all she said.

Arjun nodded. "We are fine mata", he clarified, making Kunti smile.

 "We are fine mata", he clarified, making Kunti smile